What's new

AX-11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tangmu314

Occasional Visitor
I have an AX-11000 on firmware 3.0.0.4.384_7997. That's the firmware it shipped with.
The system log is full of entries like this:

Apr 11 07:48:06 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(392): eth6: Deauth_ind 44:2A:60:CD:E9:93, status: 0, reason: Unspecified reason (1)
Apr 11 07:48:06 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(427): eth6: Auth 44:2A:60:CD:E9:93, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)

I've searched the internet for these strings, and found some people fixed it by assigning a fixed IP address.
I tried this, and it will work for one client for a while, but another client will become the subject of the messages, but then the original will also come back.

The result is, I had two clients doing this initially, and after changing one to a fixed IP (the other already was), those two still do it, plus several others. One of the clients is a PC on Windows 10, and it will periodically report it's lost internet connection.

What does this activity mean?
Any suggestions on how I can stop this?

Thanks for any help.

It is a debug Asus forgot to remove from reporting in the log. That said all its doing is showing when clients disconnect and connect to the network. Very annoying yes but it means nothing and can be ignored.

That's much better, thanks. After 10 minutes, all I see in the log is the router checking for a firmware update. I had to enable SSH under Administration. I don't recall if I had turned that off or it's default.

Some reasons for these deauthorization /authourization logs:

*wifi unit like phone, tablet or other dropping wifi to preserve power
*Units moving around and shifting networks from 5ghz to 2.5ghz for example
*Ip is timed out and being renewed by dhcp
*Smart connect in router is shifting device between wifi networks

*If a unit is constantly trying to connect and being disconnected it could be a faulty entered wifi password.

So, mainly just "normal" things going on there...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!