What's new

GT AX 11000 PRO AI Mesh Ethernet Port?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

talisman2208

Occasional Visitor
I can't for the life of me get this thing to connect wit ETH backhaul. It only does wireless and the signal is very weak. Which port is it supposed to be in? I'm getting mixed results. LAN, WAN and 10GB ports I've seen.... does anyone have an official answer? It has an option for 10GB port on the settings so I'm wondering if it's supposed to go there?

1690674732602.png

I have 2x GT AX 11000 PRO's one acting as a router, one acting as an AI MESH NODE

Also - do they have to be connected to one another literally or can they be connected through various switches? I have no way to connect them physically, but I can connect them via various switches.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, some switches are a pain point. The best you can do there is Auto (and it will use Ethernet).

I can't get the eth to work though, I can try avoiding a switch but which port do I use?

Connect them directly, no switch in the path. Connect it to whatever port you select in the GUI, 10G or 2.5G.

Once that works, you can try inserting a switch but it must either be:
Dumb switch that supports jumbo frames and will pass VLAN tagged frames (hit or miss, officially a dumb switch shouldn't, but many with jumbo frame support will).
Smart switch(es) with VLAN 1 untagged and VLAN 501, 502, 503 tagged on all ports in the path (2 ports per switch).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!