What's new

Ax-89x Beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ben29

Regular Contributor
So i run on my router diagnostic to send to Asus

Today i got this email.

Is this legit?

I got this email in the time i did diagnostic from my router with my email .

The from address is:
mark078524@gmail.com

Not from asus

That’s super weird

Attachments

• IMG_2590.jpeg
    IMG_2590.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 118
It's also a little weird that the address of the download is a personal Asus Webstorage account and not the internal Asus FTP servers.
If it is legitimate then the person sending it has done a great job of making it look suspect - and it needs to be treated as suspect IMHO!

Asus using Asuswebstorage for sharing beta firmwares is quite common, as it allows a dev to quickly share it. Let me check with my contacts if this is legitimate, as the GMail address does seem strange indeed.

Might take a while since due to timezone difference, Taiwan's offices are currently closed for the night. I should learn more once they reopen later today.

The point is I really share feedback on my router.

No one can’t know that,

It’s the same deception and model,

And i did factory reset, after that i did feedback

Just wait for a confirmation. It's highly unlikely to be malicious since it was tied to feedback provided, but no harm in waiting for confirmation.

i got the same Download url like here:

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/75F0803793174F3F81BD6D3EF97D79024

but no one can confirm it's legit

just need to confirm it's legit

Last edited:
i get reply from Asus

Dear Valued Customer,

During routine security maintenance, our technical team discovered an error in the configuration of our server settings file, which could potentially cause an interruption in network connectivity on part of the routers.

Our technical team has urgently addressed the server issue and impacted routers should return to normal operation. If your device was affected, we recommend the following:

1. Manually reboot your router
  2. If rebooting does not resolve the issue, please save the settings file, perform a hard reset (factory default), and then re-upload the settings file (follow the directions in the https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1050464)
  3. If you cannot access the user interface to save settings or perform a reset, you can press the RESET button for about 5-10 seconds until the power LED indicator on the router starts to blink, which means the reset is completed. https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1000925/#m2
If there are any further developments around this issue, we will immediately update our users.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this incident may have caused and are committed to preventing such an incident from happening again.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

i send email to " Mark " and ask who is.

that's the reply.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 3.21.32.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 3.21.32.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 83
i send email to " Mark " and ask who is.

that's the reply.
I received confirmation that the firmware did come from Asus's RD, and is safe to use.

can you share with me the confirmation?
There's nothing for me to share. A manager at Asus told me this firmware indeed came from someone on his team, and I'm repeating it here.