What's new

AX and AC routers Aimesh mix

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Josu

New Around Here
Hello guys, i am noob in this AIMESH questions
I have main router AX88U and node AX56U, i am not really happy about this node so i ordered AX82U and i wish to connect them without cables.
And also i have AC86U, i know it's one of the best AC routers on market.
So my question is if my wireless performance will suffer from AC router?
I am not sure if now my aimesh running in AX mode, how to check this? AX88U and AX56U both with merlin firmware. Currently in 5GHz Wireless mode is N/AC/AX and AX is enabled

I don't know if it will suffer from the AC class router in your environment, but I can guess that four or five routers will give a suboptimal experience.

How big is your home in SqFt? What construction materials are used for the walls and floors? How many levels is the home? How many client devices do you have connected, wirelessly?

What is your ISP speeds, up and down?

How are the AiMesh nodes configured? In a Star topology or other?

What are your expectations of the network and why are you buying more routers, still?

I have same question as OP with regards to mixing AC and AX Routers:
See answers to your questions in bold:

How big is your home in SqFt? 4200 sq ft 3 floors What construction materials are used for the walls and floors? Wood and Drywall How many levels is the home? 3 Floors How many client devices do you have connected, wirelessly? 4 Smart TV's, 2 ipads, 3 iphones, 2 Media Boxes, 1 Mac Book, 1 PC

What is your ISP speeds, up and down? 300 Mps down / 30 Mps up

How are the AiMesh nodes configured? In a Star topology or other? 2 on middle floor at the ends about 35 ft aprt 1 on first floor in the middle - all relying on Wireless backhaul

What are your expectations of the network and why are you buying more routers, still? Expectations is a no brainer (I would think), decent speed (enough to stream Neflix etc or stream 1080P from a HDD thru my Network, low maintenance / reliability. I also have a Smart TV in my front patio and other in back yard under a Pergola, so trying to reach all portions, hence adding Nodes.

I presently have an AX88U bnib, Zen Wif XT8 being shipped and my 7 yr old AC68U (it has been pretty solid along with a Lynksys Extender, but re-building Network, the house is not wired with Ethernet Cable (its presently out of the question).

thanks in advance

If wireless mesh isn't working for you, and you have TV/Cable coax running to various places in/around your home, you can create a wired backhaul for nodes/APs using multiple MoCa adapters.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!