What's new

AX58U 386.1 causes Sonos disconnections

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

techman

New Around Here
First thank you to Merlin for building such an amazing platform. This is my first post here so I apologize. I searched the forum but didn't find a solution.

I have an AX58U that was running 384.19 perfectly. I originally switched to merlin because stock Asus WRT was causing connection issues with my 2 Sonos One Speakers.
I really needed the wifi radar tool to choose a clear channel.

Last week I upgraded to 386.1 and immediately started experiencing the same connection issues with my Sonos speakers. Did a wifi scan, everything was perfect but still didn't work.

I rolled back to 384.19 and everything started working perfectly again.

Any insights?

Thank you!

Is your Sonos system running on Sonos net or on your wifi network? In your Sonos App go to Settings-System-About my system, and check the WM number for each speaker WM:0 means you are on Sonos net. It is likely that with 2 ones you're in WM:1 mode. In which case your stability may improve if you can hard wire one of the speakers and switch to WM:0. You may then want to move the Sonos net channel away from your 2GHz network.

It's running on my WiFi network. Was having the same issue with one speaker plugged in and on WM:0.

Just reset to factory settings, reflashed to original firmware, and now reinstalled 386.1.

Seems to working ok for now.

Thanks for the input @sarmenator!

Glad you figured it out. For what it’s worth, my Sonos system has been running fine in WM:0 mode with my AC68U on 386.1 so far. It does crap out sometimes because of diversion blocking some of its dns calls but otherwise fine.