What's new

AX58U - How to setup to allow Oculus Quest 2 as only device on 5Ghz and propper settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Radiation

New Around Here
Just setup a new AX58U to replace my very old TP-Link N600 from 2012. I want to set it up so that my VR headset which supports Wifi6 is the only think on that channel so I can play PC VR Games.
I've search the forum as well as google but most tutorials show setting it up with TP Link AX Routers.
Was wondering if anyone here has this VR headset and is running it with an ASUS AX router (since the Asus login software should be similar to most models) can tell me how to limit the wifi6 channel to just the VR Headset as well as the best overall settings to adjust to achieve the best wireless stream for it.

I don't have THAT headset (I do have the original Quest), but the device doesn't matter. If you only want to restrict the 5ghz band to one (or more) device(s), the simple solution is to set up separate SSIDs for the 2.4 & 5ghz bands.

I don't have THAT headset (I do have the original Quest), but the device doesn't matter. If you only want to restrict the 5ghz band to one (or more) device(s), the simple solution is to set up separate SSIDs for the 2.4 & 5ghz bands.
That works.. Awesome and easy peasy. Now to find out the optimal settings.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!