What's new

AX86 Main - AC86 nodes (X2) - Moving External HD from Main to one of the Nodes?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Keyser-_-soze

Occasional Visitor
Hi there,

First question - can I move my external HD connected to my main - AX86 - to one of my AImesh nodes - AC86?

Are there any considerations I should make or settings I should ensure to make the switch as seamless as possible?

Or is it as simple as enabling USB and moving the external drive?

Thanks.

Last time I checked this RT-AC86U model with external USB storage attached was throwing Out Of Memory errors pretty quickly. It is possible in AiMesh settings, but not sure if it's a good idea. Test it for some time, but make sure the data on this HDD is not critical, you have a backup or it's replaceable. Your HDD partitions may get corrupted.

Thank you. Yeah, it's just TV shows; all replaceable.

Would it help to move to Merlin, or is this more of a hardware issue?

This specific router model has multiple known hardware and software issues.

If your AiMesh is working well - better don't disturb the system with experiments.

Fair enough. It's working OK.

I am receiving - IP Configuration Failure often on Android devices, and sometimes it seems like the 5 and the 2.4 network drops then come back, but overall it seems to be working well.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!