What's new

Ax86U CTF and UDP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Xrsenal

CTF doesn't exist in HND routers like the RT-AX86U therefore ctf_pt_udp has no meaning and shouldn't exist.

Last edited:
fc and runner have it enabled
Sorry I don't understand what you're saying here. I have an RT-AX86U with fc and runner enabled and ctf_pt_udp doesn't exist because it's a CTF variable. If it is present on your router I don't know how it got there.

Sorry I don't understand what you're saying here. I have an RT-AX86U with fc and runner enabled and ctf_pt_udp doesn't exist because it's a CTF variable. If it is present on your router I don't know how it got there.
I’m saying do you know how to check that. Bc I’m 99% sure it’s on.

Maybe the grep command but not too sure.

I’m saying do you know how to check that. Bc I’m 99% sure it’s on.

Maybe the grep command but not too sure.
CTF can't be on for the RT-AX86U because that model doesn't have CTF.

You can check the variable if you want to but whatever the result it won't make any difference because the router doesn't use that variable.

Code:
# nvram get ctf_pt_udp
#
Here you can see that trying to read that variable produced no results because it doesn't exist.

CTF can't be on for the RT-AX86U because that model doesn't have CTF.

You can check the variable if you want to but whatever the result it won't make any difference because the router doesn't use that variable.

Code:
# nvram get ctf_pt_udp
#
Here you can see that trying to read that variable produced no results because it doesn't exist.
What command would show what’s being used by runner and flow cache?

What command would show what’s being used by runner and flow cache?
Rather than looking at nvram variables it would be more accurate to see whether any rules are being marked in the mangle table.
Code:
iptables-save -t mangle | grep -i mark

Rather than looking at nvram variables it would be more accurate to see whether any rules are being marked in the mangle table.
Code:
iptables-save -t mangle | grep -i mark
Can you post what you get with this command? I want to compare / run some tests w both Merlin and ASUS WRT

Can you post what you get with this command? I want to compare / run some tests w both Merlin and ASUS WRT
I get nothing returned by that command, because there is nothing configured on my router that would selectively disable runner or flow cache in the way that you describe in post #1.

If there was you'd get something returned that contained --set-xmark 0x1/0x7. For example:
Code:
# iptables-save -t mangle | grep -i mark
-A FORWARD -p udp -m state --state NEW -j MARK --set-xmark 0x1/0x7

I get nothing returned by that command, because there is nothing configured on my router that would selectively disable runner or flow cache in the way that you describe in post #1.

If there was you'd get something returned that contained --set-xmark 0x1/0x7. For example:
Code:
# iptables-save -t mangle | grep -i mark
-A FORWARD -p udp -m state --state NEW -j MARK --set-xmark 0x1/0x7
I want to see if the router if someone trying to use hardware acceleration on UDP packets. Technically it should only be TCP that get accelerated. Can we confirm this w any type of command?

Technically, FC and Runner are processing UDP packets

0 0 DROP udp -- br0 eth0 anywhere anywhere udp dpt:4500
0 0 DROP udp -- br0 eth0 anywhere anywhere udp dpt:500
0 0 DROP udp -- br0 eth0 anywhere anywhere

Isnt this wrong? UPD is supposed to bypass this step

Technically it should only be TCP that get accelerated.
You're just repeating what I said in another thread about CTF. Runner and flow cache are not CTF. How many more times do I have to say this.

Isnt this wrong? UPD is supposed to bypass this step
You clearly don't understand what you're looking at.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!