What's new

AX88U Router i.p. address problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

clayhans

Occasional Visitor
I have an Asus RT AX88U Router with Merlin 384.16 firmware connected to my modem as my main router. I have another AX88U set up in another room as a Media Bridge. This router works fine in media bridge mode with four devices attached to it. The main Router AX88U connected to the modem shows the bridged devices as wired in. All that is fine and I can live with it. The problem I’m having is that I have an Asus AC86U router also set up in Media Bridge mode in a different room with two connected devices. The main AX88U does not see the AC86U router (no mac or i.p. address seen) yet the two devices connected to the AC86U show up as wired devices on my main AX88U router. I can’t seem to get into my AC86U UI through my browser because I have no ip for it. I’ve tried different i.p. address’s and even tried setting up the DHCP manually for the AC86U but that did not work. Can anyone help me get the AC86U router to show up in the UI of the main AX88U router?

I have an Asus RT AX88U Router with Merlin 384.16 firmware connected to my modem as my main router. I have another AX88U set up in another room as a Media Bridge. This router works fine in media bridge mode with four devices attached to it. The main Router AX88U connected to the modem shows the bridged devices as wired in. All that is fine and I can live with it. The problem I’m having is that I have an Asus AC86U router also set up in Media Bridge mode in a different room with two connected devices. The main AX88U does not see the AC86U router (no mac or i.p. address seen) yet the two devices connected to the AC86U show up as wired devices on my main AX88U router. I can’t seem to get into my AC86U UI through my browser because I have no ip for it. I’ve tried different i.p. address’s and even tried setting up the DHCP manually for the AC86U but that did not work. Can anyone help me get the AC86U router to show up in the UI of the main AX88U router?

Never Mind but thanks for looking. After a little internet search I was reminded of Asus Device Discovery. I ran the utility and behold the AC86U was seen with mac and i.p. address.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!