What's new

AX92U - slow internet speedtest after upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386_41535-g1caa24a firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Looks like I'm the lucky/unlucky one here. I just purchased the AX92U kit and updated to the latest firmware version. So far so good!

Looks like I'm the lucky/unlucky one here. I just purchased the AX92U kit and updated to the latest firmware version. So far so good!
You're not unlucky. The AX92U'S have served me well so far until the 41535 firmware update.

I have upgraded my AP node to 41712. So far so good. I will factory reset this node and reconfigure this as my main router...then do a device swap (instead of upgrading the main router's firmware to 41712 directly). This way if things don't go well, I can simply swap out the devices again to minimize possible downtime.

Is this a new selection? I thought you couldn’t use the 5-2 band for clients if you were also using it for the back haul, unless you made separate SSIDs and such.

Attachments

• 39B8AFE5-2D91-49F2-9074-26522F894F62.jpeg
    39B8AFE5-2D91-49F2-9074-26522F894F62.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 93
I
The brave leads and we will follow!
I upgraded this evening. So far everything is working good. With 1 gbps (download /40 mbs upload) service and after clean reset, I'm getting 940 mbs (down and 40 mbs) hard wired. 900 mbps (down and 40mbs up) wireless at the router. After turning on the my usual features, AI Protection, Traffic Analyzer, Parental Controls, QOS, Open VPN, DDN server, I'm still getting 850-875 mbps wirless at the router.

Keep your fingers crossed.

SpeedTest.PNG
SpeedTestAxS7.PNG

@AlpineMan, you linked older firmware, not the version you're talking about. :)

I

I upgraded this evening. So far everything is working good. With 1 gbps (download /40 mbs upload) service and after clean reset, I'm getting 940 mbs (down and 40 mbs) hard wired. 900 mbps (down and 40mbs up) wireless at the router. After turning on the my usual features, AI Protection, Traffic Analyzer, Parental Controls, QOS, Open VPN, DDN server, I'm still getting 850-875 mbps wirless at the router.

Keep your fingers crossed.

View attachment 29868View attachment 29869

Would you mind sharing your WiFi settings? Thanks.

Would you mind sharing your WiFi settings? Thanks.

It's pretty much stock - I will change over the roam assist to -65 after I upgrade my AP. I want to wait a few days before I do that one, though. Other than that, it's pretty much standard. On the general tab, I pick control channels. Those will vary depending on congestion. Also, I enable the 160 band on AX channel. I've found the limit is generally client -- not the AX92u. Both my tab S7 and my pc with AX PCIe card can pull 800-900 mbps -- when placed next to the router

2.4ghz.PNG
5.1.1Ghz.PNG
5.1.2ghz.PNG

To those brave souls that have dared to dream and upgraded to 41712. May I ask the following questions:

1) Is it stable using AI Mesh (old 386 firmware crashed)

2) How is the wifi? Is there any lag / delay when browsing websites?

3) Does AI protection / QoS cause bandwidth issues?

4) Any issues with dropped nodes?

5) Any issues with dropped STA's (clients)?

To those brave souls that have dared to dream and upgraded to 41712. May I ask the following questions:

1) Is it stable using AI Mesh (old 386 firmware crashed)

2) How is the wifi? Is there any lag / delay when browsing websites?

3) Does AI protection / QoS cause bandwidth issues?

4) Any issues with dropped nodes?

5) Any issues with dropped STA's (clients)?

I'd also like to hear some people's reactions that are using AI Mesh.

If you run AIMesh node, let me know how it is. I'd like to hear about the Guest Network update. Is Guest Wifi more stable running on Nodes now? At first, Guest Network wasn't available on the nodes and then when it became available, it wasn't very good -- it didn't consistently release from router to the node. I'm hoping this update fixes that issue. If it does, I may try AIMesh.

I've been using AP mode for the past 12 hours. So far everything is stable. Let'sEncrypt is working, again.

Wifi speeds with 1gbps service is 900 mbps at the router. No noticeable lag or delays when browsing. More importantly no drops when playing games or wifi calls.

I'm running AI Protection, QOS, Parental Control and Traffic Analyzer and no issues.

Haven't noticed any dropped nodes -- but again, this is in AP mode.

System logs look good for last 12 hours. There are a few "not mesh client" notices.

Last edited:
Resetting the old/current firmware before flashing the new doesn't help (normally).

If you want the router to be in a good/known state and one in which it sees and effectively uses the new firmware's defaults, a full reset afterward is always best.

I'd also like to hear some people's reactions that are using AI Mesh.

If you run AIMesh node, let me know how it is. I'd like to hear about the Guest Network update. Is Guest Wifi more stable running on Nodes now? At first, Guest Network wasn't available on the nodes and then when it became available, it wasn't very good -- it didn't consistently release from router to the node. I'm hoping this update fixes that issue. If it does, I may try AIMesh.

I've been using AP mode for the past 12 hours. So far everything is stable. Let'sEncrypt is working, again.

Wifi speeds with 1gbps service is 900 mbps at the router. No noticeable lag or delays when browsing. More importantly no drops when playing games or wifi calls.

I'm running AI Protection, QOS, Parental Control and Traffic Analyzer and no issues.

Haven't noticed any dropped nodes -- but again, this is in AP mode.

System logs look good for last 12 hours. There are a few "not mesh client" notices.
Can you tell me where to set guest network to be able to run on Nodes?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!