What's new

AXE11000 New Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It checks for new firmware and sets a notification for you when update is available.

Yeah, hoping that's all that is. The wording do webs_update definitely sounds foreboding. I'd be pretty upset if this thing updated despite the auto setting disabled.

Asus had some bad experience in the past followed by FTC warning and now transfer some of the responsibility to you. You want to update or not - your problem. They auto-update you and something is wrong - your problem again. They take care of you. What are you complaining about? :)

There is no user-configurable schedule when auto-update is turned off.

Do you know by chance why they may have forced this update to GT-AXE11000?
No. I don't know either if they truly have the capability to force specific updates.

Mine didn't auto update. I did pull the update from the GUI after seeing this thread and installed this today over 3.0.0.4.388.20499. I had tried 3.0.0.4.388.21224 a couple times but had to roll back because of a lot of wireless flakiness with a lot of my Apple devices. I couldn't get my AppleTV 4K (latest version) to get through a 30 minute show without freezing and losing connections on 21224. So far things look stable for me on this new release. Joined just to jump in with this. Long time lurker.

It seems the GT-AXE11000 has been updated as of last night.
Current Version : 3.0.0.4.388_22238-g91b51ed
Problem is it auto updated without auto firmware upgrade being checked on the router.
No firmware release notes have been published on the ASUS website as of yet.
Did notice I got less range on the 6ghz band as I was getting disconnected for poor wifi signal in my bedroom when it has never done that before. Restarted both the router and the phone and still does the same thing. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or even upgraded yet even with auto update disabled.
have you made sure the option to disconnect on bad signal is disabled.

ie..
see attachment set to disabled up change the number

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-03 175010.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-03 175010.png
    466.2 KB · Views: 115
i download a list of china ips for my upstream mikrotik router and put them in a firewall along with russia and block them all so no auto firmware updates for me.. if you are worried about them forcing an update update you may want to do something similar.

Forced auto upgrade is not common for ASUS consumer routers, seems targeted, and could be the lesser of two evils. I would re-commission the network from scratch and try to roll with it.

OE
I do plan to start over with the newer firmware to see if that will correct the worse range it seems. If not I will rollback to the previous version and see how that goes. I did check the logs and it looked for a new firmware again today so I'm not sure if that would actaully help or not if it's just going to auto update the firmware once I rollback. I'll try the reset first and go from there.
Mine didn't auto update. I did pull the update from the GUI after seeing this thread and installed this today over 3.0.0.4.388.20499. I had tried 3.0.0.4.388.21224 a couple times but had to roll back because of a lot of wireless flakiness with a lot of my Apple devices. I couldn't get my AppleTV 4K (latest version) to get through a 30 minute show without freezing and losing connections on 21224. So far things look stable for me on this new release. Joined just to jump in with this. Long time lurker.
This is the most attention I've ever got in a thread before lol. Welcome
have you made sure the option to disconnect on bad signal is disabled.

ie..
see attachment set to disabled up change the number
I did check and those are still disabled. I disable those first thing because I just have a decent size house that the router covers pretty well before.

My whole mesh network becomes unstable at all. I had reboot 4 times to bring back the network.

My whole mesh network becomes unstable at all. I had reboot 4 times to bring back the network.

Thanks for the update.

OE

Moreover after manual update to a new firmware (autoupdate didn’t‘t work) my router went into a cycle reboot. I had to go back to the previous firmware via recovery mode. But if anyone wants to take a chance, watch a changelist:

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_22238
=Release Note=

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
1. Fixed the IPsec VPN compatibility issue with Win10.
2. Fixed the VPN fusion user interface issues under the HTTPS connection.
3. Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS vulnerability.
4. Improved Wireguard performance.
5. Optimized memory usage and improved system stability.
6. Fixed USB HDD compatibility issue with the Time machine.
7. Added a new web GUI login URL http://www.asusrouter.com
8. Fixed IPTV compatibility issue with Movistar.
9. Fixed multi-language related bugs.
10. Fixed the connection issue with static WAN IP.

still not released on the asus website where are you people downloading it from.. is it in the beta folder or something.. presumably since it has not been officially released it has been pulled?

Unfortunately, for the stable work on a new firmware, You will have to reset router settings to the default.

I have reverted my firmware THREE times, and they still keep sending this POS firmware to me. My network is borderline unusable with it. The one prior was the same way. I'm just glad it didn't happen on one of my work weekends. I've switched to Merlin. Hopefully it's stable for me because I can't reinstall old firmware every day just for my network to be usable.

After the new firmware update
GUI (router.asus.com) stopped working for me.
Mine would stop working for 10 minutes if I went into Traffic Analyzer and looked at Web History. Wouldn't come back up for 10 minutes. Wifi and Internet still worked during that time. Upon seeing this I went into Web History to check and it's still working correctly. Usually it doesn't work for more than a day but it's up to 3 days run time now.
still not released on the asus website where are you people downloading it from.. is it in the beta folder or something.. presumably since it has not been officially released it has been pulled?
Some users including myself had it auto update even with auto update disabled.
I have reverted my firmware THREE times, and they still keep sending this POS firmware to me. My network is borderline unusable with it. The one prior was the same way. I'm just glad it didn't happen on one of my work weekends. I've switched to Merlin. Hopefully it's stable for me because I can't reinstall old firmware every day just for my network to be usable.
I was afraid this was going to happen. I guess I won't be downgrading either now if it's just going to update again automatically.
Moreover after manual update to a new firmware (autoupdate didn’t‘t work) my router went into a cycle reboot. I had to go back to the previous firmware via recovery mode. But if anyone wants to take a chance, watch a changelist:

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_22238
=Release Note=

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
1. Fixed the IPsec VPN compatibility issue with Win10.
2. Fixed the VPN fusion user interface issues under the HTTPS connection.
3. Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS vulnerability.
4. Improved Wireguard performance.
5. Optimized memory usage and improved system stability.
6. Fixed USB HDD compatibility issue with the Time machine.
7. Added a new web GUI login URL http://www.asusrouter.com
8. Fixed IPTV compatibility issue with Movistar.
9. Fixed multi-language related bugs.
10. Fixed the connection issue with static WAN IP.
Where did you get the change log from?