What's new

AXE11000 New Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So I guess I was either one of the lucky or unlucky ones where mine didn't auto update., or maybe it tried but for some reason it keeps failing. I keep saying update it and it seemingly looks like it processes and flashes it then reboots itself only to come back up still on the same version and flashing its "hey update available" icon. Any idea why it keeps failing and more importantly should I even be trying to get it as it seems lots of people are having issues?

So I guess I was either one of the lucky or unlucky ones where mine didn't auto update., or maybe it tried but for some reason it keeps failing. I keep saying update it and it seemingly looks like it processes and flashes it then reboots itself only to come back up still on the same version and flashing its "hey update available" icon. Any idea why it keeps failing and more importantly should I even be trying to get it as it seems lots of people are having issues?
It was the same with me. The router seemed to be trying to protect me from this firmware, but I didn't listen to it and got what I got. Don't repeat my mistake — skip this version.

How can we make it stop? How can we block the automatic download of this firmware? Anything above 47875 turns my mesh environment into shirt. Current setup is AXE11000 as the main router and 3 RT-AC5300 as mesh nodes and all works great until the update to 22238. If a solution cannot be found, lookout for all this gear on craigslist. Then the question becomes what do I replace it with.

I'm in the same boat as this firmware version, as does 3.0.0.4.388.21224, wrecks my Wi-Fi performance (same as https://www.snbforums.com/threads/gt-axe-11000-version-3-0-0-4-388-21224-just-released.81369/) - and nothing obvious that I could see as to why.

I downgraded to 3.0.0.4.388.20499 and the router literally auto-upgraded again to 3.0.0.4.388_22238 right away, with auto-upgrade off.

For now I've set auto-upgrade on with a time of late tonight, hopeful this will give me a bit of control over this but this is very frustrating and disappointing from Asus. This may push me to WRT-Merlin.

downgraded to 3.0.0.4.388.20499 and the router literally auto-upgraded again to 3.0.0.4.388_22238 right away, with auto-upgrade off.

This is really strange because 3.0.0.4.388_22238 is still unavailable on Asus support page.

1675698336096.png

How can we make it stop? How can we block the automatic download of this firmware? Anything above 47875 turns my mesh environment into shirt. Current setup is AXE11000 as the main router and 3 RT-AC5300 as mesh nodes and all works great until the update to 22238. If a solution cannot be found, lookout for all this gear on craigslist. Then the question becomes what do I replace it with.
Personally, I was able to defeat this firmware only in this way: update via recovery mode, settings reset, complete router reconfiguration. Positive aspect: everything works fine; negative: update took a long time.

Last edited:
I really hope this auto-update thing is not the new norm because I have some friends running Asus routers on older than latest firmware and it's done intentionally. If they auto-update the eventual problems with new firmware turn into my problems. :confused:

Moreover after manual update to a new firmware (autoupdate didn’t‘t work) my router went into a cycle reboot. I had to go back to the previous firmware via recovery mode. But if anyone wants to take a chance, watch a changelist:

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_22238
=Release Note=

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
1. Fixed the IPsec VPN compatibility issue with Win10.
2. Fixed the VPN fusion user interface issues under the HTTPS connection.
3. Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS vulnerability.
4. Improved Wireguard performance.
5. Optimized memory usage and improved system stability.
6. Fixed USB HDD compatibility issue with the Time machine.
7. Added a new web GUI login URL http://www.asusrouter.com
8. Fixed IPTV compatibility issue with Movistar.
9. Fixed multi-language related bugs.
10. Fixed the connection issue with static WAN IP.
Thanks to share, it had updated to this 22238 version automatically but I found the Mesh still not stable or connect at all unless I reboot all network switch, hub & some device. Also, the 6Ghz radio that I had disabled and hide SSID setting are not working use. I can see the SSID for 6Ghz radio. Anyone has idea?

Personally, I was able to defeat this firmware only in this way: update via recovery mode, settings reset, complete router reconfiguration. Positive aspect: everything works fine; negative: the update took a long time.
I mostly did this but didnt do the settings reset and complete reconfiguration manually but that will be my next step. Close to bailing on this and buying a dream machine.

I'm in the same boat as this firmware version, as does 3.0.0.4.388.21224, wrecks my Wi-Fi performance (same as https://www.snbforums.com/threads/gt-axe-11000-version-3-0-0-4-388-21224-just-released.81369/) - and nothing obvious that I could see as to why.

I downgraded to 3.0.0.4.388.20499 and the router literally auto-upgraded again to 3.0.0.4.388_22238 right away, with auto-upgrade off.

For now I've set auto-upgrade on with a time of late tonight, hopeful this will give me a bit of control over this but this is very frustrating and disappointing from Asus. This may push me to WRT-Merlin.
This was my problem. I changed to Merlin, but the newest version has 21224 integrated. It ran great for like 12 hours then same issues I had with 21224 from Asus. Rolled back one version of Merlin and it's been decent since. Not quite as great as 20499 ASUS was (one mesh connects to the router node rather than a different satellite like I want), but it's usable.

Just a thought, has anyone tried an ethernet backhaul with this new firmware? If this issue is just the wireless backhaul maybe there is a wireless setting that can be changed to improve things? I'm going to try this myself this weekend and will report my findings.

And how exactly do you do that?

CC

You secure physical access to the router and disable its firmware auto upgrade function. A UPS for power protection can also help reduce unrecoverable disruption.

OE

You secure physical access to the router and disable its firmware auto upgrade function. A UPS for power protection can also help reduce unrecoverable disruption.

OE

People have posted that the auto update was disabled and still they got the update?

CC

People have posted that the auto update was disabled and still they got the update?

CC

Yes, that's frequently discussed here when it happens. The operative phrase above is 'reduces the chances of recovery needed'.

OE