What's new

AXE11000 New Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

People have posted that the auto update was disabled and still they got the update?

CC
This is correct, ASUS is apparently forcing this upgrade with the option off. Was hoping someone would be able to provide the method to block asus ftp transfers to our routers to prevent this or the command line way to disable auto update.

This is correct, ASUS is apparently forcing this upgrade with the option off. Was hoping someone would be able to provide the method to block asus ftp transfers to our routers to prevent this or the command line way to disable auto update.

I assume I'm better off with the rare forced update than without it. I've seen one such update on a remote router in 5 years... and it was of no consequence. Maintaining my network on a UPS is far more helpful in my experience.

OE

I assume I'm better off with the rare forced update than without it. I've seen one such update on a remote router in 5 years... and it was of no consequence. Maintaining my network on a UPS is far more helpful in my experience.

OE
Well, if you are just using the AXE11000 and no mesh nodes, perhaps you are correct. However, as many have posted here, the mesh wireless is very unstable and essentially useless with the 22238 latest firmware.

Anyone have a idea to make it become stable
Anyone have an idea to make it become stable?
I tried to disable IPv6 which help to get back Mesh nodes but only 2.4Ghz work not 5Ghz. Then, I changed WPA2 personal on 5Ghz. But no so sure that will be solution at all.

At least work for 6 hours now...

Last edited:
Seems they have released an update.

ASUS GT-AXE11000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22525

Version 3.0.0.4.388.22525
73.33 MB
2023/02/13

1.Fixed CVE-2022-46871
2.Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS.
3.Improved AiMesh backhaul stability.
4.Fixed AiMesh topology UI bugs.
5.Fixed the reboot issue when assigning specific clients in VPN fusion.
6.Fixed the VPN fusion bug when importing the Surfshark WireGuard conf file.
7.Fixed network map bugs.

Seems they have released an update.

ASUS GT-AXE11000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22525

Version 3.0.0.4.388.22525
73.33 MB
2023/02/13

1.Fixed CVE-2022-46871
2.Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS.
3.Improved AiMesh backhaul stability.
4.Fixed AiMesh topology UI bugs.
5.Fixed the reboot issue when assigning specific clients in VPN fusion.
6.Fixed the VPN fusion bug when importing the Surfshark WireGuard conf file.
7.Fixed network map bugs.
Worse than the 388.22238 release. All the mesh nodes are missing again then I have to fall back the previous one.

Last edited:
Worse than the 388.22238 release. All the mesh nodes are missing again then I have to fall back the previous one.
Agree, this new firmware was no better and the mesh issue is the same or worse. My solution for what it is worth, since I didn't want to start running ethernet through my walls across 3 floors was to use MOCA adapters and utilize the coax alrayd running through my walls to get ethernet to all the nodes and it works very well. Doesn't fix the firmware/mesh issue but I'm glad I don't have to revert my firmware every morning any longer until i can get my hands on a Unify Dream Router and then ill sell all my asus routers.

I've been having a bug with the last few builds, which is still present in 3.0.0.4.388_22525-gd35b8fe. When I leave home for a bit and return, our phones reconnect to 5ghz, but don't actually have internet connectivity. Some apps on the phone are smart enough to eventually fallback to cell data, but many are not and just show 'connection error' and 'no internet' type messages. The issue can also be reproduced simply by restarting a phone. Once it restarts there is no data. This happens on multiple phones, pointing to a router issue.

A reboot of the router fixes the issue immediately. Am I the only person experiencing this?

I've been more stable on 22525 than on the previous release, but I do still have some periodic issues connecting to the router at all from some devices. Recent examples being two Xbox Series X that just would not connect, then all of a sudden did. My 5th gen iPad Pro 12.9 will sometimes prompt me for password again as has my AppleTV 4K current gen. None of these issues existed for me on 20499, which I view as the last stable firmware. I'm beginning to sour on Asus as a result of the firmware mess over the last few releases and I sincerely hope that get this resolved quickly.

I've been more stable on 22525 than on the previous release, but I do still have some periodic issues connecting to the router at all from some devices. Recent examples being two Xbox Series X that just would not connect, then all of a sudden did. My 5th gen iPad Pro 12.9 will sometimes prompt me for password again as has my AppleTV 4K current gen. None of these issues existed for me on 20499, which I view as the last stable firmware. I'm beginning to sour on Asus as a result of the firmware mess over the last few releases and I sincerely hope that get this resolved quickly.
Interesting. Thanks for the info, if there isn't a new build in the next week or so that fixes the wifi connectivity issues I will factory reset (I imagine that is required to downgrade?) and try 20499.

Interesting. Thanks for the info, if there isn't a new build in the next week or so that fixes the wifi connectivity issues I will factory reset (I imagine that is required to downgrade?) and try 20499.
My pleasure. I have no mesh or anything complex in my configuration. I find I typically get good coverage throughout my home and property with just the main unit centrally placed, so I run simple. It all went down hill when I installed 21224. 22238 improved things, and 22525 also seemed to further stabilize, likely due to the memory management fixed claimed in the release notes.

It auto updates you from it so there's no point. That was the last time mine was stable. It's ridiculous.

Wow, if it auto updates that is horrible. I'm also running it simple without any mesh or anything. Besides the connectivity issues I do love the router. Wondering if merlin's firmware would be more stable, or do the connectivity bugs, etc. carry over?

Wow, if it auto updates that is horrible. I'm also running it simple without any mesh or anything. Besides the connectivity issues I do love the router. Wondering if merlin's firmware would be more stable, or do the connectivity bugs, etc. carry over?
Merlin firmware is more versatile, as it provides more add-on and extended features/automations/scripts, the code quality should be the same.

My Asuswrt has run for years without any WAN connectivity issue. If I did not test any script on it, it should run 100% well. If you had encourntered any WAN connectivity issues, I anticipate it would be on either the router configuration side or the provider's service side.

For wireless connectivity, it has tons of factors/interference. (e.g., the sigal is good but it could be very bad if there is a storm). I have wired network cable to my critical job laptop when I am working from home. Just in case there is a storm when I am home and need to do a video conference on Zoom/Webex.

Mine hasn't auto updated. I self inflicted.
If you go back, I'd bet it will auto update you. I was having to revert it every day. I never self inflicted it.
There's not a Merlin built on just the most recent stable one. So I had the same issues with all the newest Merlin FW on my device. I'm using an old one now, but it's still not great. Thinking about just switching to a different system.