What's new

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-merlin 384.4 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should "Tools" really be in general, instead of "Advanced Settings"

That entry has been there for 5 years, I see no reason to confuse existing users by moving it down.

is it just me or if i change qos from games to a custom priority set, my xbox one goes from open nat to moderate, which makes no sense, ive tried this a few times and it seems to be the case

QoS restart probably wipes out existing UPNP forwards, and your XBox isn't refreshing them, or you're not waiting it long enough to give it a chance to do so. Just restart the XBox to force it to update its UPnP leases.

I'm finding that after a reboot of modem (via power switch on router), that QOS tags for priority on devices and QOS priority rules for traffic types are being lost or reset.
It has updated the firmware fine.

Seems to be a bug within the RT-AC86U closed source code. qos_rulelist gets reset back to factory default after a reboot, and there's no occurence in the open source code that specifically writes to that setting except on the web server when using the mobile app. This is outside of my control.

My problem was I was running the "Home" version reloaded a "Pro" version on my laptop and problem went away, but thanks for you reply

On a fresh Windows 10 install, the SMBv1 client is not installed. On upgrades the client stays installed, but gets automatically removed if unused for a certain period of time. This has nothing to do with the Windows SKU you are using (Home vs Pro).

Traffic Analyzer has been broken for a long time (years now). It records downloaded traffic as both upload and download traffic so it will always report nearly double of what your ISP will.

That doesn't make sense as upload traffic is often only 1/10th of download traffic.

384.4 Beta 3 is now available for download. List of changes:

Code:
0206b32 Updated documentation
644942d httpd: check that opendir() succeeded, otherwise httpd would crash
a25de1c entware: add 64-bit support for HND platform
2aec002 entware: point setup script to the new Entware installers (following the NG/3X repos merge)
40ba6c4 sd-idle: fix spindown/up logging
a4e8553 rc: move services-start custom script to the very end of start_services()
65183bd rc: when preparing httpd key/cert from a stored pair, also generate server.pem with them for AiCloud
cc353fb httpd: gencert: no longer generate cfgsync cert (now handled by cfgsync itself)
956c32c webui: update Site Survey page for AiMesh-capable models to use the new wlc_scan_state values from GPL 20379
aa3949d webui: fix broken DST offset parser (Asus bug in 20379)
3f1ea25 httpd: restart daemon after the user upload a new SSL certificate
9f158cd Bumped revision to beta 3

Please test the new Entware installer.

This should hopefully be the final beta.

Traffic Analyzer has been broken for a long time (years now). It records downloaded traffic as both upload and download traffic so it will always report nearly double of what your ISP will.

Is this claim model specific? Upon checking my current traffic analyzer stat tab it shows my monthly numbers at 300GB Down and 40GB Up for all apps. So I cant say that happens with RT-AC68u on 384.3

is it just me or if i change qos from games to a custom priority set, my xbox one goes from open nat to moderate, which makes no sense, ive tried this a few times and it seems to be the case
would this have anyhting to do with it? Seems to appear every time i flick qos proities, id assume qos should not affect nat at all makes no sense.
Mar 10 21:32:25 adaptive QOS: Applying Iptables Rules

Please disable my script when submitting bug reports to RMerlin. Especially when you are running the experimental version of my script instead of the compatible version!

Debugging is already rough enough without external factors. I can look at your system logs and continue debugging in my thread to see if it's a quirk unique to the experimental version.
First see if issue persists with it disabled entirely.

I even included convenient -disable, -enable parameters!

Last edited:

Code:
a4e8553 rc: move services-start custom script to the very end of start_services()
Confirm. Thanks!

Will you look on services-stop and unmount ?
As I found previously, service-stop was run during reboot only from command line and unmount - only during firmware upgrade.

Code:
956c32c webui: update Site Survey page for AiMesh-capable models to use the new wlc_scan_state values from GPL 20379

Site Survey now working as expected on AC68P =)

Flashed from b1 to b3 and the web interface is fubar.

Claims bad cert and when I tell it to bypass the page fails to load properly.

EDIT: Sigh. Yeah cert files got jammed up somehow...

EDIT2: Not jammed up. they got deleted.

EDIT3: WTF? Why is access from the WAN turned on?!?

EDIT4: Factory defaulting and rebuilding after beta 3 flash. something screwed up is going on here.

EDIT5: OK even after a factory restart when I put my certs in the SSL folder they disappear after a restart and use internal rolled ones.

EDIT6: Found out I did not have the persistent setting turned on that is needed to use /jffs/ssl. Not to mention (due to Asus) the setting is now in a fantastically stupid and illogical location.

Last edited:
That doesn't make sense as upload traffic is often only 1/10th of download traffic.

Think about it, if you download 25 GB and upload 4 GB and the Analyzer doubles the download, you’ll get a download of 25 GB and an upload of 29 GB for a total of 54 GB, which is off by 25 GB (or almost double).

Like I said it’s a bug. I’m pretty sure it has to do with using hardware acceleration.

Mar 10 17:04:19 rc_service: udhcpc_lan 1154:notify_rc start_dnsmasq
Mar 10 17:04:19 LAN_network_changes_(%s/%s_-->_%: 192.168.88.95
Mar 10 17:04:19 rc_service: udhcpc_lan 1154:notify_rc stop_samba
Mar 10 17:04:19 rc_service: udhcpc_lan 1154:notify_rc start_samba
Mar 10 17:04:19 rc_service: waitting "stop_samba" via udhcpc_lan ...
Mar 10 17:04:20 Samba_Server: smb daemon is stopped
Mar 10 17:04:20 kernel: gro disabled
Mar 10 17:04:21 rc_service: udhcpc_lan 1154:notify_rc restart_dms
Mar 10 17:04:21 rc_service: waitting "start_samba" via udhcpc_lan ...
Mar 10 17:04:22 kernel: gro enabled with interval 2
Mar 10 17:04:24 Samba_Server: daemon is started
Mar 10 17:09:19 rc_service: udhcpc_lan 1321:notify_rc start_dnsmasq
Mar 10 17:09:20 LAN_network_changes_(%s/%s_-->_%: 192.168.88.95
Mar 10 17:09:20 rc_service: udhcpc_lan 1321:notify_rc stop_samba
Mar 10 17:09:20 rc_service: udhcpc_lan 1321:notify_rc start_samba
Mar 10 17:09:20 rc_service: waitting "stop_samba" via udhcpc_lan ...
Mar 10 17:09:21 Samba_Server: smb daemon is stopped
Mar 10 17:09:21 kernel: gro disabled
Mar 10 17:09:22 rc_service: udhcpc_lan 1321:notify_rc restart_dms
Mar 10 17:09:22 rc_service: waitting "start_samba" via udhcpc_lan ...
Mar 10 17:09:22 kernel: gro enabled with interval 2
Mar 10 17:09:24 Samba_Server: daemon is started

SMB stops working few minutes after playing media. I tried media players from Windows 10, Roku, Android box, and Apple TV and all had the same issue. HDD is connected behind AC68U USB3.0 port. Is there anything wrong with my HDD or the firmware? Just flashed 384.4 b3. No help.

Thanks.

Think about it, if you download 25 GB and upload 4 GB and the Analyzer doubles the download, you’ll get a download of 25 GB and an upload of 29 GB for a total of 54 GB, which is off by 25 GB (or almost double).

Like I said it’s a bug. I’m pretty sure it has to do with using hardware acceleration.
It is not a bug. It is just the way things work when hardware acceleration is turned on when it comes to tracking data.

Code:
0206b32 Updated documentation
644942d httpd: check that opendir() succeeded, otherwise httpd would crash
a25de1c entware: add 64-bit support for HND platform
2aec002 entware: point setup script to the new Entware installers (following the NG/3X repos merge)
40ba6c4 sd-idle: fix spindown/up logging
65183bd rc: when preparing httpd key/cert from a stored pair, also generate server.pem with them for AiCloud
cc353fb httpd: gencert: no longer generate cfgsync cert (now handled by cfgsync itself)
3f1ea25 httpd: restart daemon after the user upload a new SSL certificate
9f158cd Bumped revision to beta 3

Please test the new Entware installer.

This should hopefully be the final beta.

Hi Merlin,

Apologies if you have already answered this question. Will this beta work on the Asus Raptor GT-AC5300 or only the RT version?

Also I am using the Link Aggregation on the Raptor (Ports 5&6) to connect to my Cisco switch which I also setup 2 ports for Link Aggregation. Will this work from your experience and is there any benefits to doing this.

THanks

Hi Merlin,

Apologies if you have already answered this question. Will this beta work on the Asus Raptor GT-AC5300 or only the RT version?

Also I am using the Link Aggregation on the Raptor (Ports 5&6) to connect to my Cisco switch which I also setup 2 ports for Link Aggregation. Will this work from your experience and is there any benefits to doing this.

THanks
It should: https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/about

EDIT: Never mind. The RT-AC5300 is supported just not in the 384.X firmwares.

Will you look on services-stop and unmount ?
As I found previously, service-stop was run during reboot only from command line and unmount - only during firmware upgrade.
services stop works for me. no idea for unmount. I don't use it.
When you reboot your router in web-ui, it happen immediately. So services-stop script have to be short.
on the other hand, rebooting in shell have enough time for running scripts.

It is not a bug. It is just the way things work when hardware acceleration is turned on when it comes to tracking data.

Except it didn’t used to work that way. I think it started with the 380.x branch.

That's certainly not the case for 3 routers that I own: 1 AC3100, 1 AC68U & 1 AC68R. I always got pretty correct results when doing cross validate with my ISPs, NetWorx or Windows 10 Network data usage. Hardware acceleration is off as I turn on Traffic per IP monitoring.

That's certainly not the case for 3 routers that I own: 1 AC3100, 1 AC68U & 1 AC68R. I always got pretty correct results when doing cross validate with my ISPs, NetWorx or Windows 10 Network data usage. Hardware acceleration is off as I turn on Traffic per IP monitoring.

Re-read the last sentence in the post you quoted.

Re-read the last sentence in the post you quoted.

Well iirc before I knew about Traffic per IP, I didn't have any problem with Traffic monitoring either with Hardware acceleration turned on. Now my AC3100 is currently on Asus firmware w/ Hardware acceleration turned on, the result is still pretty accurate. So I don't think it's a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!