What's new

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-merlin 384.4 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just found my RT-AC68U running Beta 3 sitting with CPU 1 at a constant 100% and CPU 2 running pretty much light in the gui. My network still seems to be passing traffic.
upload_2018-3-16_12-48-46.png
I ran a top command although I don't understand the output it may help troubleshooting

Attachments

• top.txt
    20.2 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:
I've just found my RT-AC68U running Beta 3 sitting with CPU 1 at a constant 100% and CPU 2 running pretty much light in the gui. My network still seems to be passing traffic.
View attachment 12329
I ran a top command although I don't understand the output it may help troubleshooting

CPU usage came from I/O, which probably means either something related to your USB disk, or a lot of network traffic.

CPU usage came from I/O, which probably means either something related to your USB disk, or a lot of network traffic.

I had this, a reboot with a 30 second wait before power on resolved it.. and hasn’t come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this, a reboot with a 30 second wait before power on resolved it.. and hasn’t come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interestingly a reboot from the GUI resulted in my router not connecting to the internet (it just uses Auto IP) and it required a power off/on to get it back.

I wasn't aware of any significant network traffic and only have a USB thumb drive for logs and router backups. Maybe something went wrong in this area.

Maybe something went wrong in this area.
I had this problem too in either 380 or 382 branch. Had to manually restart as you did, but then the problem is just gone after that. So it might just sometimes occur randomly? But it's probably nothing significant as I didn't notice any performance impact at the time nor did it happen repeatedly.

I had this problem too in either 380 or 382 branch. Had to manually restart as you did, but then the problem is just gone after that. So it might just sometimes occur randomly? But it's probably nothing significant as I didn't notice any performance impact at the time nor did it happen repeatedly.

Had this issue with the latest stock FW the other day . Definitely not just a Asuswrt-Merlin issue.

Over 5 days of uptime on beta 3 and it’s been rock solid. Thanks Eric!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!