What's new

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-merlin 384.4 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting openvpn errors in the log:

Those are normal, that's because policy mode already removed these two routes. Just ignore them.

Dropped Back to Beta 2. 2.4 Wireless still DOA. Worked fine before updating to Beta 3. Another Factory Reset, and still no 2.4 Radio. Hard to believe the update to Beta 3 could kill the radio. Looking for suggestions.

At the risk of repeating myself, there has been zero change to the wireless code between beta 2 and beta 3 - see the posted changelog.

Your issue has nothing to do with the beta 3 update.

iPhone X link speed in 5 GHz band is limited to 433Mbps in this B3 at a distance that used to link @866Mbps. It used to link high at beta2 or beta1 if I remember it correctly.

RT-AC68P

RT-AC68U wireless driver was last changed on February 14th, which was the same day I started working on alpha 1. That means that every alpha and beta releases for 384.4 used the same wireless driver.

All working ok here.

[Edit:] Wi-Fi scheduled off/on times are still deleted whenever the router is rebooted.

I believe Asus are aware of this issue, since I've heard it has been fixed internally.

I suspect it's tied to qos_rulelist also getting wiped on a reboot. Nothing I can do about it.

RT-AC68U wireless driver was last changed on February 14th, which was the same day I started working on alpha 1. That means that every alpha and beta releases for 384.4 used the same wireless driver.
Actually, the drivers date is February 7 and beta 1 is based on GPL 20308 then you merged GPL 20379 to beta2, could ASUS have tweaked the drivers to link lower for better stability?

I believe Asus are aware of this issue, since I've heard it has been fixed internally.

I suspect it's tied to qos_rulelist also getting wiped on a reboot. Nothing I can do about it.

Yes, I’m aware the problem was also present in factory firmware.
Not Merlin specific.
We shall await developments!

Actually, the drivers date is February 7 and beta 1 is based on GPL 20308 then you merged GPL 20379 to beta2, could ASUS have tweaked the drivers to link lower for better stability?

No, I stand by what I posted - that file was last changed on February 14th according to Git's commit log:

Code:
merlin@ubuntu-dev:~/amng/release/src/router/wl_arm/prebuilt/RT-AC68U$ git log .
commit 4f6138f8f42905bc1c732960c8cc044866cff581
Author: Eric Sauvageau <rmerl@lostrealm.ca>
Date:   Wed Feb 14 23:32:36 2018 -0500

Merge binary blobs & SDK for RT-AC68U (GPL 382_20308)

There was no GPL 20379 for the RT-AC68U, only for the RT-AC88U/AC3100/AC5300.

I just flashed back to the latest stock ASUS firmware for the RT-AC86U and did a factory reset to confirm if the WTFast Game Boost service was behaving the same way with CPU usage as with the Merlin firmware and it is. A constant 49-50% CPU load even though the game it's set up for isn't running.

RMerlin what's your opinion on whether this is a problem or not? And how would be the best way to bring it to the attention to get it looked at? E-mail ASUS tech support or get in touch with the WTFfast service?

Last edited:
No, I stand by what I posted - that file was last changed on February 14th according to Git's commit log:

Code:
merlin@ubuntu-dev:~/amng/release/src/router/wl_arm/prebuilt/RT-AC68U$ git log .
commit 4f6138f8f42905bc1c732960c8cc044866cff581
Author: Eric Sauvageau <rmerl@lostrealm.ca>
Date:   Wed Feb 14 23:32:36 2018 -0500

Merge binary blobs & SDK for RT-AC68U (GPL 382_20308)
I'm referring to the drivers build date of Feb/ 7.
Code:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U 384.4-beta3 Sat Mar 10 18:28:22 UTC 2018
xxxxxx@RT-AC68P-4738:/tmp/home/root# wl ver
6.37 RC14.126
wl0: Feb  7 2018 15:55:36 version 6.37.14.126 (r561982)

There was no GPL 20379 for the RT-AC68U, only for the RT-AC88U/AC3100/AC5300.
I'll double check when my son's iPhone comes, it's possible the phone is in "low power mode" state, hence, lower link rate would make sense.

On beta 3 with rt-ac5300, i am still having issue with adaptive QOS manual setting.
Cannot get the same speed as automatic setting.

Any help really appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AC5300 on beta 3, I am unable to reliably delete offline devices from the drop down list in LAN->DHCP Server. I also tried on the Network Tools->Wake on LAN with the same result. I was able to delete one and no others. I have about 21 online devices and 12 offline devices.

"OpenVPN was broken in beta 2, working again in beta 3 on 87U. Thank you Merlin for updating so fast.
There wasn't a single change to OpenVPN if you look at the changelog... That changelog I posted is the complete list of Github commits (minus those about documentation)."

I could not get the openVPN to hold the certificates in beta 2. No way. In beta 3, it works smooth. Strange.

AC3100 and AC68U both running for 30 hours and rock solid so far on 384.4 beta3!! Excellent work Eric!

At the risk of repeating myself, there has been zero change to the wireless code between beta 2 and beta 3 - see the posted changelog.

Your issue has nothing to do with the beta 3 update.

Believe me - I hear you. No reason to disagree. :) When I have a chance, I'll update to Beta 3 again, going straight to it from 384.3 release to see if the 2.4 wireless gets clobbered again. The fact that I could not get the wireless config settings screens to work at all in the UI in Beta 3 ("Apply" button did absolutely nothing), might be a helpful hint. And they still didn't work after I did the factory settings reset. I'll see if I can reproduce it next time I update to Beta 3.

Believe me - I hear you. No reason to disagree. :) When I have a chance, I'll update to Beta 3 again, going straight to it from 384.3 release to see if the 2.4 wireless gets clobbered again. The fact that I could not get the wireless config settings screens to work at all in the UI in Beta 3 ("Apply" button did absolutely nothing), might be a helpful hint. And they still didn't work after I did the factory settings reset. I'll see if I can reproduce it next time I update to Beta 3.
Try clearing your browser cache as well or try shift-f5 to reload the pages new properties.

One thing I might add, re the 2.4 Wireless issue - My 2.4 and 5 GHz radios are configured with different SSIDs and different AES keys, not combined as 1 SSID. So not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Try clearing your browser cache as well or try shift-f5 to reload the pages new properties.
Thanks... did that first thing. Didn't help. Even tried it in 3 different browsers - Edge, IE, and Chrome.

I was able to eliminate the QoS messages by doing the following:
1. Turn QoS off in the QoS tab.
2. Turn Apps Analysis off in the Bandwith Monitor tab.
3. Reboot router
4. Turn on QoS
5. Turn on Apps analysis

So far so good, let me know if that helps on your router too?

Thanks.
Just did this but checked the log before turning qos back on and its still saying the exact same ...with it off lol.
Then turned it on still there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!