What's new

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-merlin 384.4 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that after upgrading from 344.4 Beta 2 to 3 have problem with connection to webgui. More than 50% of reboot i have to repeat just to have na Opportunity to log to my Asus router. It is courious.

Reactions: thc
I noticed that after upgrading from 344.4 Beta 2 to 3 have problem with connection to webgui. More than 50% of reboot i have to repeat just to have na Opportunity to log to my Asus router. It is courious.

Me too. Firefox Quantum on Win 10 takes a long long time to connect to the router’s web GUI using TLS. (HTTPS).
Times out sometimes, but not always.
Keep retrying, & it eventually connects. Very slow......

Some strangeness with Firefox/Windows?
Use HTTP & logs in immediately.

Safari via HTTPS on iOS no delay.

A new problem, only with beta 3 in my experience.

In "Network Map" tab in "View List" 5GHz devices appear as a wired interface instead of wireless 5GHz and don't show Tx, Rx rates.
Same happens in "Client status" window.
But it does appear correctly in System Log > Wireless Log.

Firmware: RT-AC87U 384.4_beta3

Me too. Firefox Quantum on Win 10 takes a long long time to connect to the router’s web GUI using TLS. (HTTPS).

Some strangeness with Firefox/Windows?
Use HTTP & logs in immediately.

Safari via HTTPS on iOS no delay.

A new problem, only with beta 3 in my experience.
I have always had wunkyness with Firefox starting 2-3 years ago. Dumped the garbage and went to Chrome. Haven't had any issues with it that didn't not plague all browsers.

Is there any way to make the default IP for the 86 (not sure if this has been changed across the board or not) 192.168.1.1 again?

192.168.50.1 move is just stupid considering well... EVERYTHING is 192.168.1.1. At worst 192.168.0.1.

Is there any way to make the default IP for the 86 (not sure if this has been changed across the board or not) 192.168.1.1 again?

192.168.50.1 move is just stupid considering well... EVERYTHING is 192.168.1.1. At worst 192.168.0.1.
under lan its the device ip setting cant rember the tab, not infront of the pc atm.

clear the web browser cache or try a diffrent browser or pc to acess the router.

No problem here with Firefox 59 in Windows 7 Pro connecting with HTTPS. I did have to grant a security exception first to the certificate. However, I do typically use HTTP since none of this traffic really goes anywhere.

using FF 61 nigthly with https and GUI loaded instantlz after pressing login. even initial load is quick ...

In "Network Map" tab in "View List" 5GHz devices appear as a wired interface instead of wireless 5GHz and don't show Tx, Rx rates.

I did a factory reset and now everything regarding to webgui access seems to be ok, but:

Above problem started to appear.

Fixed the issue I was having with HTTPS router access using Firefox Quantum.
Simply reset browser to ‘factory’ defaults, granted an exception for the router’s certificate, & now all good again!

Obviously over time, & many upgrades, my browser had acquired unnecessary junk?

When I moved to Beta 3 from a previous stable build, my VPN rules don’t seem to work correctly anymore.
Same here. My VPN worked much better before. My asus Beta 3 in router mode is not my main internet gateway and does not serve DHCP to the LAN, but runs OpenVPN server. There is asymmetric routing where packets from VPN clients to LAN travel directly from Asus to LAN whereas packets back from LAN to tun21 VPN clients travel via the main Internet gateway, which has a static route to Asus for the VPN client tun21 subnet.

If the asus could advertise the route to the VPN tun21 subnet to the LAN I would not need the static route on the main internet router. That would solve my VPN problem of extra hop via main gateway from LAN to tun21 subnet. Is this something that 380.x used to do and 384.4 does not?

Last edited:
Reactions: thc
RT-AC87U 380.69_2 on this i have also two digit IP on 4 position ... why? its just few week when it happen.. in media bridge mode .. connecting to another wifi modem
also i bit scary use this 3 beta..

The same for me on AC68U.

RT-AC86U @ 384.4 Beta 3, 3 days and working great. RT-AC3200 - will update to 384.4 Beta 3 this weekend, likely play with VPN finally.

Using Windows 10 Pro/FF Quantum 69 (64-bit), all UI components are working fine. FF is set to clear EVERYTHING upon browser close.

RT-AC86U @ 384.4 Beta 3, 3 days and working great. RT-AC3200 - will update to 384.4 Beta 3 this weekend, likely play with VPN finally.

Using Windows 10 Pro/FF Quantum 69 (64-bit), all UI components are working fine. FF is set to clear EVERYTHING upon browser close.

Yes, I fixed the Firefox issue by setting the browser back to ‘default’.
All running happily now......

Yes, I fixed the Firefox issue by setting the browser back to ‘default’.
All running happily now......

Also fyi for those having similar issues, watch out for your FF extensions. The ones that were causing me trouble initially when accessing HTTPS webui were my script blocker, user agent randomizer, and redirect skipper. Had to set exceptions for all those when accessing my admin domain.

So makes sense that resetting to defaults made it finally work..

Also fyi for those having similar issues, watch out for your FF extensions. The ones that were causing me trouble initially when accessing HTTPS webui were my script blocker, user agent randomizer, and redirect skipper. Had to set exceptions for all those when accessing my admin domain.

So makes sense that resetting to defaults made it finally work..

Indeed , the "user agent randomiser" is a terrible extension, I have found that it causes chaos even when set to ignore a domain. I have to disable it to be able to login to many sites and anything to do with banking or shopping will simply fail to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!