What's new

[BETA] ASUS RT-AC87U 3.0.0.4_378_7944 Unofficial Beta Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No, last night got confirmation from the ASUS manager contact I have that my feedback had been sent to dev. team. I'm still waiting for new beta.
I'll share it as soon as I get it and approved to share it publicly.

In the meantime stay with _7449 o earlier.

Replied through Tapatalk

Personally I suggest people don't use anything newer than the 378_6xxx builds on the RT-AC87U. The beta QTN driver used in the various 378_7xxxx builds has quite a few issues (my new laptop's Intel 7265AC wouldn't even connect to it, and my Nexus 9 battery would drain overnight). Wait for the new SDK from Quantenna, we should see a new beta in the coming weeks based on this new SDK.

Personally I suggest people don't use anything newer than the 378_6xxx builds on the RT-AC87U. The beta QTN driver used in the various 378_7xxxx builds has quite a few issues (my new laptop's Intel 7265AC wouldn't even connect to it, and my Nexus 9 battery would drain overnight). Wait for the new SDK from Quantenna, we should see a new beta in the coming weeks based on this new SDK.
I told you I wasn't the only one with the battery drain issue.

Hi,

Here's the latest Beta firmware available:

Link: <Removed due to various issues>

Enjoy,

P.S.: I'll be posting new firmware as soon as it becomes available.

I recently had a call with Asus and the rep I talked to told me that Quantenna SDK will not be released for another 3-6 months from now. Is this true?

8715 includes the new sdk, so no more network drops (at least based on my experience) but there's a bug causing battery drain on android devices. They are working to solve it.

Replied through Tapatalk

Hi Brusyev,

What do you mean?

I was reffering to 5Ghz issues with battery drain that were supose to be fixed along with Quantenna SDK release. The battery drain issue is still there...Honestly I am not really sure how the SDK is related to 5Ghz issues but I have been reading that SDK is needed to resolve all remaining Quantenna issues..

I was reffering to 5Ghz issues with battery drain that were supose to be fixed along with Quantenna SDK release. The battery drain issue is still there...Honestly I am not really sure how the SDK is related to 5Ghz issues but I have been reading that SDK is needed to resolve all remaining Quantenna issues..

Hi Brusyev,

We have the firmware ready, just that we need to test before release.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!