What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62 Beta is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Eric, thank you very for your effort and work and Merlin team building us a great an updated firmware with the last tools.

I have a question regarding to nano installed via Entware, do you know how can I uninstall it from my RT-AC66U before install the latest firmware beta? Purge *nano* or opkg remove nano is OK?

Thanks in advance :)

I've now come home three times in the last week and found my router not allowing connections to the Internet. Logging into the router and rebooting it has fixed the problem each time. Never had this problem before upgrading from 380.59 to 380.61. The router already reboots automatically every day at 5am, so whatever the problem is, it is taking much less than a day for it to occur. I'm hoping the fixed memory leaks may help, but can't test it until there's a 380.62 for AC66U.

Same problem here, excluding it the jump was from 380.58 to 380.61, and on one of my N66u. 380.62beta now installed, and hope that it solves this odd problem. Too early to tell, but I'll report back.

Yes I have it disabled. What was the fix?

I signed out and did sign in to local account. Now I can access all network resources. But this is just nonsense.....

Just go back to Networking Center, and re-disable it again.

Hi Eric, thank you very for your effort and work and Merlin team building us a great an updated firmware with the last tools.

I have a question regarding to nano installed via Entware, do you know how can I uninstall it from my RT-AC66U before install the latest firmware beta? Purge *nano* or opkg remove nano is OK?

Thanks in advance :)

opkg remove nano should be fine.

Just go back to Networking Center, and re-disable it again.

Didn't work. Hit a restore point from prior to this update. Back to normal network performance. Its either SMB or the Master Browser stuff??

Last edited:
Hello, I am running 380.61 on ac-66u, and today I discovered what I believe was the issue that was bringing down my internet connection randomly for the last weeks... Every couple of days, magically the router wifi radio disappeared. Today happened again.. Just restarted the router again, and logged into admin. I noticed strange the cpu graphs showed almost full. So I logged into ssh and ran "top" command, order by process and saw the issue was Tor service "Tor -f /tmp/torrc --quiet" which showed "96.2% cpu". I had it enabled although it was for specific Mac address which were not in use for some time. Is anyone having the same issues with Tor? I will try the new beta to see if it happens also, although I will realice it in a couple of days. Thanks

Microsoft is creating a lot of frigging problems with these stupid version updates. I had three customers requiring support over the past two weeks because the 1607 update REVERTED some existing settings!

Add to that that my Windows 10 desktop recently decided to randomly reboot itself at 1 am to install updates while I was remotely doing development on my VM, because their inactivity mechanism is too stupid to realize that there might be user activity NOT AT THE KEYBOARD. Result: two hours of work lost as it corrupted my Git repo within my VM. Had to recover the disk image I had taken at supper time, and lose a lot of the work done during that night.
Go to Settings-Update and Security and change Active Hours and PC will not restart during those hours. You can also play with Restart Options.

Go to Settings-Update and Security and change Active Hours and PC will not restart during those hours. You can also play with Restart Options.

The problem is Microsoft won't allow you to set a range longer than 12 hours. My computers might get used at any time between 9am and 3 am... I've since set a group policy preventing a reboot whenever a user is logged in, but somehow I have a feeling that might not work as advertised.

Anybody else lose ipv6 on this update. Been working non-stop on my Ac88u. Now the address will not populate. On Comcast and using native setting. Tried reboots with and without modem reboot. Thanks Merlin for all you do this project.

Thanks for the beta release, noticed that I am no longer able to see the client list IP addresses (IPv4) just their MAC address in the wireless log section. I have the AC68U and upgraded from a fresh install of your 380.61. I use it in AP mode and clients get the DHCP from my firewall. In 380.61 I was able to see the client's IP addresses w/MAC.

Works for me.

I've been using DD-WRT lately because I've had problems with the last few releases of Merlin FW.

Just recently tried Merlin again, 380.61 and 380.62 Alpha builds, and now the .62 Beta 1. I've been getting a lot of disconnects and high latency spikes in my games that I normally play. It doesn't do this using DD-WRT. It's very noticeable in Star Trek Online and Diablo 3. Every flash, I've cleared nvram, and factory reset as part of my routine. I don't even use a settings restore. Is there anything that might have changed?

The problem is Microsoft won't allow you to set a range longer than 12 hours. My computers might get used at any time between 9am and 3 am... I've since set a group policy preventing a reboot whenever a user is logged in, but somehow I have a feeling that might not work as advertised.

Does Windows 10 have an option to disable automatic updates? I did that with Windows 7 Pro day 1.

I've been using DD-WRT lately because I've had problems with the last few releases of Merlin FW.

Just recently tried Merlin again, 380.61 and 380.62 Alpha builds, and now the .62 Beta 1. I've been getting a lot of disconnects and high latency spikes in my games that I normally play. It doesn't do this using DD-WRT. It's very noticeable in Star Trek Online and Diablo 3. Every flash, I've cleared nvram, and factory reset as part of my routine. I don't even use a settings restore. Is there anything that might have changed?

Compare your wireless settings and advanced settings from DD-WRT to Merlin. E.g. on DD-WRT what is your channel selection, 20/40 etc. Also you may want to disable all beamforming options. It has to be related to tweaks, lower your RTS 2307 beacon 75.

Compare your wireless settings and advanced settings from DD-WRT to Merlin. E.g. on DD-WRT what is your channel selection, 20/40 etc. Also you may want to disable all beamforming options. It has to be related to tweaks, lower your RTS 2307 beacon 75.
what if he is using a cable?
i use pingplotter and do notice the router spiking from time to time.

"ust go back to Networking Center, and re-disable it again."

I'm not knowledgeable enough about Microsoft networking to figure some of this stuff out. However I can bang on options, etc., and see what the impact is.

I was able to get all network resources working as intended by manually adding the Windows credentials in netplwiz app. Never had to do so before. This is annoying as my Plex server would not "see" any movies/TV Shows as the laptop that is effected is also my Plex server.

Reading on the web and some others with same problem. Although it doesn't seem to be wide spread.

Anybody else lose ipv6 on this update. Been working non-stop on my Ac88u. Now the address will not populate. On Comcast and using native setting. Tried reboots with and without modem reboot. Thanks Merlin for all you do this project.

I have Comcast and all I did was renew IP on my clients.

Yep IPv6 is borked in the alpha and beta builds. Getting the router to obtain a v6 address is a total pain in the butt it just don't work right.

Reverting back to older builds fixes the problem every time, I have tried many times. Always something with v6 just can't get it right. And yes I have factory reset the router cleared Nvram every install to no avail. Just don't have time anymore to keep playing the games. Asus 380.858 works best for me on my AC3100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!