What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working perfectly with my AC68U, on Sky ISP with ipV6. Nothing too fancy, blend of IPTV, NAS, Android, Apple, Windoze, Mac etc
Dont use ABSolution (Yet), but do use IPSET filters to block malware & specific Countries.
OpenVPN seems to work fine too.

Running om my AC66U it seems stable. In the .64 builds, I had issues with the 5Ghz stability. After a while it stopped accepting connections. Until now this one looks more solid on the wifi channels.

Thnx again RMerlin!

You might just need to fully reset your Internet connection, by leaving the modem off for 10-15 mins, so next time the router connects and sends its MAC, your ISP will accept it.

I unplugged it for 15 min but and that didn't seem to be long enough. I then left it unplugged overnight and that did the trick with my stubborn isp. Thanks for the help and all the hard work Merlin.

I'm not using any complex features on the beta 1 other than ddns
but it's working fine on my 3200 here
Thank you

I posted the above in the alpha thread. Last night I uploaded to router and AP; AP went fine, but the router's web GUI was again completely broken on Chrome even though functions seemed fine. Web GUI was fine on IE--didn't check other browsers. It stayed broken on Chrome for at least an hour, but was fine this morning.

Open the web browser console and look for any Javascript error. Most common issue is a client with an invalid hostname.

This beta some how broke the HP scan to computer feature as well as the ability for HP mobile apps [HP print services and HP All-in-one] to find printer on the network.
Plex was also affected. Couldn't find media server.
Went back to 380.64_2 and all issues resolved.

At last, someone having the same issues!

I lost the ability to scan from my brother MFC over wifi with both this beta and the preceeding alphas. I also had to reconnect a sonos bridge, instead of just using sonos over wifi, with the same range of updates.

Going back to the last non alpha/beta build resolved the issues.

I have no idea if this is due to the underlying ASUS firmware, or if there is something funky going on with the firmware.

If you have network issues after a firmware upgrade, reboot everything on your network, including IoT or other wifi-connected devices.

If you have network issues after a firmware upgrade, reboot everything on your network, including IoT or other wifi-connected devices.

Cool. Rebooting the router did not help, but rebooting the MFC did. Interesting that I could see it on the network and print to it, but not scan from it.

In IT, I'm a big fan of the 3R's method of troubleshooting: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall. A lot of issues solved by attempting these one by one.

In IT, I'm a big fan of the 3R's method of troubleshooting: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall. A lot of issues solved by attempting these one by one.
Fair enough, and I did try to reboot the router, and reinstall the scanning software, as well as uninstall and reinstall the router firmware. I must confess, though, it did not occur to me to turn the printer on and off, since it was otherwise working and has an assigned IP address. Live and learn.

Fair enough, and I did try to reboot the router, and reinstall the scanning software, as well as uninstall and reinstall the router firmware. I must confess, though, it did not occur to me to turn the printer on and off, since it was otherwise working and has an assigned IP address. Live and learn.

Zikes! I spoke too soon. The MFC stopped scanning wirelessly again. Error messages say cannot connect. Rebooting MFC did not clear the error this time. Setting back to the last non-beta software fixed the problem again.

I just tried playing around with some of the new OpenVPN 2.4 options and I'm getting an error in the system log of:
Jan 17 20:37:41 openvpn[1067]: tls-crypt unwrap error: packet too short

The three things I'm playing around with - and I should probably have done one at a time - is the compression LZ4, cipher negotiation, and TLS control channel encryption. I see that in my OVPN file that there's a static key for <tls-crypt> but is there supposed to be a declaration above to use it? The static key also seems pretty short compared to the others, but I'm not exactly certain how long it should be. Google pointed me to another thread (with another guy who also has an AC87U) about creating a new dhparam. Same fix?

Running on my RT_AC88U runs fine no issues so far though VPN does spit out a few warnings but does connect ;)

I think the warnings are a VYPRVPN issue i dont think there servers use big blocks or better cyphers as all they use is Blowfish and it can be attacked by SWEET2 i hope they fix it.

I'm on 65.beta1, my HP scan to computer is working perfectly. I tested to be sure when I saw the above problem posts. Also, the embedded miniDLNA server is still working for me. I may have to wait up to 5-6 minutes for server to be seen by client, no stream interruptions. My router is a RT-AC68U. My HP is a Officejet Pro 8600 N911a.

Edit: One thing I did not mention which might be helpful to resolve issue is that I am an Ethernet connection between router and HP.

Last edited:
I then left it unplugged overnight and that did the trick with my stubborn isp.
For next time this may shorten your wait time to 15 minutes...
Code:
/bin/kill -USR2 $(/bin/pidof udhcpc)  # release the WAN IP
/usr/sbin/nvram unset wan0_ipaddr # forget about it
/usr/sbin/nvram unset wan_ipaddr  # forget about it
/usr/sbin/nvram commit
/sbin/halt

I am also having issues with printers/scanners. They seem to "time out" and stop responding although they say they have an assigned IP and are connected to the Wi-Fi. I have two Epson, two Canon, a Brother and an HP that are all misbehaving since this last update. I've reset the router and rebooted all the devices... that temporarily fixes the problem.

that temporarily fixes the problem.
What do you mean by that? Does it mean that the "time out" start occuring again after some time?

Hi,
Installed 3 days ego on rt-ac87-u, worked well until today`s morning, no wifi reachable, getting APIPA when connecting to LAN port 1. I see that only WAN, LAN1, 2,4GHZ leds are on - 5GHZ led is off.
I`m still getting APIPA on LAN1 after hard reset (reset button)
Looks like something happen over the night :(

Any suggestion?

KR, Arkadiusz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!