What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this 380.66 beta1 firmware I've maintained my IPv6 connection for 4 1/2 days now. My record so far is 5 1/2 days on 380.65.2 so I'll have to see if this will beat it. If not then I'll enable the reboot scheduler and set it to twice a week in the middle of the night for starters.

I just encountered something really weird with this new firmware. I'm checking my client list and I see a new apple iPhone listed with a new mac address so I block it. Just as soon as I do so my android cell phone loses access to the wifi even though it shows up as my galaxy note 2 in the client list with a different mac than the iPhone. I disable the mac filter and regain access again.

Edit: Another issue I'm seeing is that I had the reboot scheduler enabled for yesterday morning but with an uptime of over 4 days showing today its clear that for some reason it failed to reboot the unit yesterday morning so I did it manually today. I also noticed a slowdown in the GUI so I've changed it to reboot daily. I will report back if the unit continues with this behavior.

Last edited:
Beta 2 is currently being uploaded to download servers. The main change is the merge with the binary blobs from 7378 for missing models: RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100, RT-AC5300, RT-AC56U and RT-AC66U, making all models now use the GPL 7378 components.

The policy-routing changes were also reverted, as I can't get sufficient beta feedback to determine if this feature works properly with all existing tunnel providers.

Code:
7682479 Revert "openvpn: only copy rules related to the intended tunnel when creating a separate policy routing table"
2d2870c build: Added new script which I use to merge binary blobs from new GPL releases into my working repository
eb8a352 Updated documentation
5c263fe Merge RT-AC56U and RT-AC66U binary blobs from GPL 7378
b3d7b03 Bumped revision to 380.66 beta 2
c5c4e39 Merge RT-AC3100 and RT-AC88U binary blobs from GPL 7378
bde7e5e Merge RT-AC5300 binary blobs from GPL 7378
416556f mssl: disable all 3DES ciphers (Qualys' SSLTest was still reporting RSA-3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA as being supported)

@RMerlin

I've flashed to beta 2 and this happened again.

http://prntscr.com/f1q20w

I've tried disable/enable QoS, changed my all settings on QoS, rebooted, put back my old configuration, deleted firewall-start in jffs etc. but this time it's still same. Also, my average RAM usage was around 160 MB now its around 90-100 MB.

Edit, I've flashed back to beta 1 and still no statics for upload traffic. this becomes weird for me. may be I should reset factory defaults and re-config

Edit 2: I think its caused because of my WAN settings, I was using dual WAN, second was android phone but it's not connected. I just connect it when I need it. Disabled Dual WAN and rebooted the router now its OK.

Last edited:
@RMerlin

Running 380.66_beta 1 for about five days now, with two openvpn clients (1 & 3) each with separate policy rules for different LAN devices, and your implementation is working flawless thus far.
The same configuration under 380.65-4 created routing conflicts for one of the openvpn clients (3). This behavior is absent in 380.66_beta 1.
Please let me know if you like feedback on any particular test.
(Sorry for the late report)

@RMerlin
On AC68U and just installed 380.66_beta2 (coming from the current stable build).

After logging in and restored to factory defaults, I cannot click on "Apply" on Traditional QoS for for some reason. Adaptive and Bandwidth limiter settings can be saved.

edit: Seems it's the Manual Bandwidth Setting is broken.

edit: Browser console log
Code:
Uncaught ReferenceError: min is not defined
    at Object.rangeFloat (validator.js:1343)
    at validForm (QoS_EZQoS.asp:410)
    at submitQoS (QoS_EZQoS.asp:471)
    at HTMLDivElement.onclick (QoS_EZQoS.asp:1358)

Last edited:
I flashed to the stock 7378 firmware yesterday on my rt-ac88u to provide my syslog and config to asus tech support and it couldn't even get an IPv6 connection from my cm1000 cable modem. The beta 2 just became available so I flashed to it and it immediately obtained an IPv6 address once again proving to me that asus tech support has dropped the ball with this router. I will report any issues I see should they occur like with the reboot scheduler not working in the beta 1.

@RMerlin

Running 380.66_beta 1 for about five days now, with two openvpn clients (1 & 3) each with separate policy rules for different LAN devices, and your implementation is working flawless thus far.
The same configuration under 380.65-4 created routing conflicts for one of the openvpn clients (3). This behavior is absent in 380.66_beta 1.
Please let me know if you like feedback on any particular test.
(Sorry for the late report)

Are the conflicts back with beta 2, where I reverted the routing policy changes of beta 1?

I have noticed that with this beta2 that when I manually set the DNS servers that the router will now accept them and when I check the primary WAN status it now shows them correctly. Last time I tried to set google dns it allowed me to enter their information but when I checked the wan status is still showed Comcast dns servers.

@RMerlin
On AC68U and just installed 380.66_beta2 (coming from the current stable build).

After logging in and restored to factory defaults, I cannot click on "Apply" on Traditional QoS for for some reason. Adaptive and Bandwidth limiter settings can be saved.

Code:
Uncaught ReferenceError: min is not defined
    at Object.rangeFloat (validator.js:1343)
    at validForm (QoS_EZQoS.asp:410)
    at submitQoS (QoS_EZQoS.asp:471)
    at HTMLDivElement.onclick (QoS_EZQoS.asp:1358)

What browser are you using?

I noticed that my OpenVPN speeds went in the gutter when testing from dslreports and speedtest dot net with 380.66_1 Beta. They have returned to normal with 380.66_2 Beta, which are the same speeds I also had with 380.65 releases.

I have now tried manually setting the IPv6 DNS servers to Google rather than allowing Comcast to assign them via DHCP. What I now see is that although it shows the WAN address as coming from google the LAN addresses are still based upon the Comcast prefix.

elintseeker said:

What browser are you using?

Same problem on AC56U. Tried both Firefox and Chrome for Linux.

CTRL + SHIFT + I (Chrome) you will see what's the issue.

Are the conflicts back with beta 2, where I reverted the routing policy changes of beta 1?

At first, it does not seem to have the previous behavior. Will keep testing it and report back in 24-48 hrs

Beta 2 is currently being uploaded to download servers. The main change is the merge with the binary blobs from 7378 for missing models: RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100, RT-AC5300, RT-AC56U and RT-AC66U, making all models now use the GPL 7378 components.

The policy-routing changes were also reverted, as I can't get sufficient beta feedback to determine if this feature works properly with all existing tunnel providers.

Code:
7682479 Revert "openvpn: only copy rules related to the intended tunnel when creating a separate policy routing table"
2d2870c build: Added new script which I use to merge binary blobs from new GPL releases into my working repository
eb8a352 Updated documentation
5c263fe Merge RT-AC56U and RT-AC66U binary blobs from GPL 7378
b3d7b03 Bumped revision to 380.66 beta 2
c5c4e39 Merge RT-AC3100 and RT-AC88U binary blobs from GPL 7378
bde7e5e Merge RT-AC5300 binary blobs from GPL 7378
416556f mssl: disable all 3DES ciphers (Qualys' SSLTest was still reporting RSA-3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA as being supported)

Is airtime fairness more problematic on this version vs. 380.64 or 65? Am still debating with all the devices I have connected if its worth disabling. They are all N devices some newer than others. I have the AC68U in AP mode. Your thoughts?

ATF. Is more for older G mixed with N devices as far as i understand what ATF does. I have had it disabled here with all N devices and have seen no issues at all. Its a outdated feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!