What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only issue on the 384.13 beta 1 firmware is that my Ecobee3 lite keeps on disconnecting/reconnecting to the router (RT-AC86U) as seen in the system log:
hONyCrp.jpg

86U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you had the issue with the previous model whereas others haven't it sounds like you may need to start from scratch. You may have something else going on with your setup and it would be quicker to start with a standard minimum config setup (paging Dr @L&LD ).

Wifi coverage is fantastic. Been running aimesh for a week now, router at one end of the house, node at the other with an ethernet backhaul, and I have to say this is the best wifi coverage I've ever had. So glad you decided to include aimesh.

Hey guys,

My laptop is able to find but not connect to my 5ghz network, all my other devices connect to my 5ghz just fine. Is there any logs i can pull to resolve my issue?

Upgraded from Alpha 2 yesterday. Been stable ever since, static DHCP leases remained intact. Also happy to see the traffic monitoring now working again since the update.

My 2 AiMesh nodes (wired, on stock firmware) kept working without issues, as expected.

2019-07-31 19_02_02-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - EZQoS Bandwidth Management.png

Anyone else having trouble getting their VPN server to start on this 384.13 Beta version? I had this working before on 384.12, not sure if it failed on the 384.13 Alphas.

I have tried repeatedly to default the settings, reboot, and reimport the previous working VPN server config/certs, but it never starts up (constant spinning circle of "wait while configuration is built").

Looks like a full reset to defaults is coming soon (@L&LD method), but hard to find time when the family is not using the internet, so I was hoping for an alternative solution.

Anyone else having trouble getting their VPN server to start on this 384.13 Beta version? I had this working before on 384.12, not sure if it failed on the 384.13 Alphas.

I have tried repeatedly to default the settings, reboot, and reimport the previous working VPN server config/certs, but it never starts up (constant spinning circle of "wait while configuration is built").

Looks like a full reset to defaults is coming soon (@L&LD method), but hard to find time when the family is not using the internet, so I was hoping for an alternative solution.

What do you have in your System Log?

What do you have in your System Log?
Sorry, I am not at home in front of it right now, I can get back to you in that in about 8 hours...

I thought I saw a 3100 in the list on your sig. my bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do have an AC3100 on my list as well, but as per my sig, it is my back router to the main, should it fail, and is also used for testing.

Only issue on the 384.13 beta 1 firmware is that my Ecobee3 lite keeps on disconnecting/reconnecting to the router (RT-AC86U) as seen in the system log:
hONyCrp.jpg
May not be the issue, but it appears that your device works only on 2.4. Personally, I have an older android tablet that only works on 2.4 and with Mesh on and smart connect off (in wireless settings), it does the same thing. When I turn on smart connect, it's rock solid (as are all of my more modern wifi appliances with this firmware regardless of the smart connect setting).

Disk Checker still corrupts my USB drive, and despite disabling it, it starts every day at 00:05, The settings don't seem to save.

Hey guys,

My laptop is able to find but not connect to my 5ghz network, all my other devices connect to my 5ghz just fine. Is there any logs i can pull to resolve my issue?

Has your laptop been able to connect to 5GHz before? I know we have one laptop that can only connect to 2.4GHz.

Is your laptop a Mac? Mine is and sometimes I have to delete the wireless connection in the Macbook settings to get it to work after a firmware upgrade. Also sometimes it doesn't like a certain channel so I have to change that.

Have my first AiMesh setup up and operational with 384.13 Beta1 on all three units (1x AX88U + 2x AC86U), yippee!! The 2x AC86U's on different floors, backwired to the AX88U. All accomplished in 30mins following the ASUS instructions Merlin URL linked on page #1. My partner will come home, no disappointment from when she left...aka no verbal execution!
Using Beta1 for six days now, very solid. No reboots required to recover lockouts to 5GHz Wireless and no client issues (average around 25x).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!