What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15 Beta and 384.13_3 are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ac86u and I have problems with aimesh and wifi 2.4ghz, with this beta it gonna fix the issue?

try it and see - isnt that obvious?

You can take a horse to water but ......

Reactions: a5m
@Aldione even if the issue continues, you can still flashback to the version you are on now.

Download the current and the Beta firmware you want to use.

Flash the new firmware and follow an M&M Config install in my signature below to give the router the best chance to work as required. If, after doing this the issue persists? Flash the current firmware back to the router and return/exchange it for another one.

Can the wan-event script automatically reconnect if it detects a disconnection? It may resolve my ongoing issues with the router not reconnecting when the modem drops out.

Removing the antenna next to LAN#8 kills 2.4GHz band on my AX88U, regardless of beamforming settings - I have tried all the combinations.

That's bad .... Asus is constantly messing with closed source Wi-Fi FW. Tonight I will check with my AX-88U.

RT-AX88U (Router Mode): Starting point was ASUS firmware 3.0.0.4.384.7968. Flashed 384.15 Alpha2 for a few days, then 384.15 Beta1. Some strangeness was going on, nothing specific, so I reset and reconfigured (without USB Drive attached). I am running latest versions of AMTM, Diversion (Medium+), Skynet, FreshJR QOS, scribe, uiDivStats, and uiScribe. I did update to the latest Entware packages.

All is well so far. I have a QNAP NAS attached that is configured both on the router and the NAS to do Bonding/Link Integration. The NAS is working perfectly. I also have a MoCA router attached and working properly. I have 2 RT-AC86Us attached and running in AP Mode. Entire system is running faster than stock.

2 RT-AC86Us (AP Mode): Starting point was 384.13 then to 384.15 Alpha2. I flashed 384.15 Beta1 and reset/reconfigured. All WiFi is working properly including 2 Ring Doorbells and Ring Spotlight Camera (I can access live view faster than before).

The firmware is good but Wifi is huge disappointment. My 5Ghz network starts strong with 160 channel width but then drops down to 80 then 40 and eventually settles on 20 Mhz. Both my AX88Us are behaving in same way. I use WinFi app to measure max Wifi speed and the channel width. So after 15 mins, the max my PC equipped with Intel AX200 m.2 card can do is 573.5 Mbps in AX mode. I have OFDMA enabled and disabling it makes zero difference. I have tried factory resetting three times with same result. I don’t expect any fix immediately. Just reporting.

The firmware is good but Wifi is huge disappointment. My 5Ghz network starts strong with 160 channel width but then drops down to 80 then 40 and eventually settles on 20 Mhz. Both my AX88Us are behaving in same way. I use WinFi app to measure max Wifi speed and the channel width. So after 15 mins, the max my PC equipped with Intel AX200 m.2 card can do is 573.5 Mbps in AX mode. I have OFDMA enabled and disabling it makes zero difference. I have tried factory resetting three times with same result. I don’t expect any fix immediately. Just reporting.
As RMerlin has stated many, many times, WiFi code is closed source and he can do absolutely nothing about that. You need to report this directly to Asus, reporting here is like yelling "My WiFi does not work right!" out the window. :) The people who need to know cannot hear you.

Please do not report about the RT-AX88U wifi, as this is outside of my control. If you have issues connecting with some of your devices, make sure you try disabling the new features like OFDMA ou Wi-Fi Agile, as some devices may not be compatible with these. Switching to WPA2/WPA3 also changes to a different WPA supplicant, so it can possibly have compatibility issues even if you don't have any WPA3 devices. Setting it back to WPA2 will revert to the original Broadcom daemon
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...15-beta-and-384-13_3-are-now-available.61550/

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...15-beta-and-384-13_3-are-now-available.61550/

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r..._2-are-now-available.60585/page-9#post-533104
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/client-mode.60263/#post-527572

ASUS website for RT-AX88U lists that firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.7968 has improved wireless compatibility and performance (384.15 is not based upon that AFAIK). You could try that version and see if it performs better. Link: https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RT-AX88U/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Check out this script for improving your 160MHz channel.

You must be having radio interference in your area. My own RT-AX88U had an uptime of 34 days before I flashed a new test build last week, with zero Wifi issues here.

With this beta build my openvpn is even more broken then with the previews alpha.. :(
I am getting the following message in the openvpn server 1 tab even after defaulting the settings of it after some minutes, I was able to download the config file after first configuration without problems:
Export OpenVPN configuration file
Certification Authentication / Server certification / Server Key field error!

Please check the Keys and Certification contents on the Advanced Settings page.

Logfiles while trying to connect:
Feb 3 18:54:59 RT-AC88U ovpn-server1[9090]: 192.168.1.101:56470 TLS: Initial packet from [AF_INET6]::ffff:192.168.1.101:56470, sid=652e0977 465f3ebe
Feb 3 18:55:59 RT-AC88U ovpn-server1[9090]: 192.168.1.101:56470 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
Feb 3 18:55:59 RT-AC88U ovpn-server1[9090]: 192.168.1.101:56470 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
Feb 3 18:55:59 RT-AC88U ovpn-server1[9090]: 192.168.1.101:56470 SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, client-instance restarting

Used RSA encrypten with 2048bit, access to internet and intranet and adverstise dns to clients, nothing else changed from default.

EDIT: After some counts of defaulting and retrying the configuration it now works, don't know what the problem was..

Last edited:
Had a small issue doing a dirty upgrade from Alpha2 - Beta1 on my AC86. The first time it didn't take and when the router restarted it still showed it was Alpha2. Rebooted the router then upgraded for the second time and everything was fine when the router restarted.

So far (90 minutes) the VPN server spinning wheel hasn't appeared and on my router and I tested and the VPN server is working fine.

Upgrade RT-AX88U & RT-AC3100 from V384.15_alpha2 to V384.15_beta1 via dirty firmware upgrade. 30+ devices (includes gaming, streaming, downloads, etc.) and all appears to be working for main AX88U router and backup AC3100 router.

Upgraded from 384.12 to 384.15 Beta. No issues to report. Thank you Merlin.

Upgraded from 384.12 to 384.15 Beta. No issues to report. Thank you Merlin.
Glad to see you joined the rest of us. Are you tired after that big jump? :)

I also have zero issues with the latest beta

Last edited:
Hey all! I've been struggling all morning with my AX88U. I had trouble after applying a setting in wifi settings and it just messed the whole firmware up. I reset to factory defaults rather than mess around. Well geez, since the reset I have no client list in network map. It shows "0" yet every device i have is connected and working. My access point AC68U has a complete client list in its network map. What have I done or is this a bug? I have reset to defaults over and over, finally I used the firmware recovery tool and I got a good flash. I have everything hand configured again, but still no client list. Any ideas? :confused::confused::confused:o_O

I encountered the same message as @TheUntouchable did. Both OpenVPN servers are running, and clients connect to both fine. Server 2 (but not Server 1) shows the message about certificate errors. I use the same certificates for both servers to avoid a problem with my Chromebooks and I thought that might be a problem. This didn't happen with 15a1.

But the spinner is gone now on b1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!