What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15 Beta and 384.13_3 are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see you joined the rest of us. Are you tired after that big jump? :)

I also have zero issues with the latest beta

384.12 is a very stable release so I have stayed there for a long time. I tried .13 but it was not as stable for me.
Found one small issue with 384.15 beta and amtm. In order to invoke amtm I get "file not found" so I need to specify full path /usr/sbin/amtm to get it displayed.

Hey all! I've been struggling all morning with my AX88U. I had trouble after applying a setting in wifi settings and it just messed the whole firmware up. I reset to factory defaults rather than mess around. Well geez, since the reset I have no client list in network map. It shows "0" yet every device i have is connected and working. My access point AC68U has a complete client list in its network map. What have I done or is this a bug? I have reset to defaults over and over, finally I used the firmware recovery tool and I got a good flash. I have everything hand configured again, but still no client list. Any ideas? :confused::confused::confused:o_O

Have you tested the ASUS 3.0.0.4.384.7968 firmware in between?

:)

It's a global problem. No device list like for manual Ip assignment or OVPN client list exists. It all shows as offline devices.

The firmware is good but Wifi is huge disappointment. My 5Ghz network starts strong with 160 channel width but then drops down to 80 then 40 and eventually settles on 20 Mhz. Both my AX88Us are behaving in same way. I use WinFi app to measure max Wifi speed and the channel width. So after 15 mins, the max my PC equipped with Intel AX200 m.2 card can do is 573.5 Mbps in AX mode. I have OFDMA enabled and disabling it makes zero difference. I have tried factory resetting three times with same result. I don’t expect any fix immediately. Just reporting.

Maybe try setting 5ghz channel to fixed (try channel 36), if you haven’t already?

I get the symptoms you describe when I set 5ghz channel to “auto”.

Well, I would try this too.

:)
Same problem followed me to the stock firmware. What the heck could this be? No client list.

Same problem followed me to the stock firmware. What the heck could this be? No client list.
I know I have seen others post the same, I have never seen a solution. I *think* I remember RMerlin stating that is another Asus closed source bug that he cannot solve. For some reason my searches are not producing much today.

Last edited:
I know I have seen others post the same, I have never seen a solution. I *think* I remember RMerlin stating that is another Asus closed source bug that he cannot solve. For some reason my searches are producing much today.
Ok thanks> I can arp without any issue. It's very odd as it only happened when I reset to defaults on this beta. Yet my AC68U did not suffer the same fate...LOL

Upgraded yesterday to 384.15 beta from 384.14_2 on my 86U. ssh'd over and amtm was there and showing the current version # followed by FW. Today it's gone with the script not found error message. No idea what I may or may not have done to cause this.

Upgraded yesterday to 384.15 beta from 384.14_2 on my 86U. ssh'd over and amtm was there and showing the current version # followed by FW. Today it's gone with the script not found error message. No idea what I may or may not have done to cause this.

OK, went over to the amtm thread and found 1) I'm not alone and 2) a fix. Seems working for now.

Does anyone know what is going on here on my AX88U? I have reset to defaults, done a nuclear reset, and it doesn't matter this happens to my wifi settings. It reports a second 5G band which i don't have.
screencapture-192-168-50-1-Advanced-Wireless-Content-asp-2020-02-03-18_22_59.png

[RESOLVED] Password length and complexity exceeded the firmwares capabilities.

Last edited:
Notice no menu on the left to get out. You have to use browser back arrow to get out.
Did you clear your browser cache? And make sure any browser extensions aren’t interfering?

Is your /jffs partition mounted ok?

Did you clear your browser cache? And make sure any browser extensions aren’t interfering?

jffs mounts no problem. Cleared browser cache even attempted this from another computer, and browser.

This is the console log.

Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:33 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ';'
Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:1758 Uncaught ReferenceError: initial is not defined
at onload (Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:1758)

Installed 384.15 beta 1 on my AC86U main/AP combo a few hours ago. Working without issue so far. Nothing unusual in the log.

Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:33 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ';'

You have a Javascript error preventing the page from loading. What's on that line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!