What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.16 beta (and 384.13_5) are available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'AC87U and the 'AX58U are very different, hardware-wise. That could explain a lot. :)

Are you saying it worked on the 'AX58U with Beta 1?

Yeah, but even if I disable IGMP Proxy on RT-AC87U, the IPTV still works. So clearly whether this thing is supported or not shouldn't even matter at all. Yet IPTV works on one but not the other. Also good thing ASUS mentions this stupid thing anywhere. If I knew it would be a problem ahead I wouldn't even bother buying it...

384.16 B2 on RT-AX88U - simple setup with app. 20 clients. All looks fine, just one small thing, Auto Logout doesn’t seem to work.

I get these In the log every hour: “hostapd: eth6: STA 54:e4:3a:e1:4f:ea WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)” for most clients. Is this normal?

Is it possible that IPTV is ignoring the spoofed MAC address (detecting device's original one which is different since it's new router) in the WAN and that's the reason why IPTV doesn't work? Given that IPTV generally ignores all settings and functions and just routes IPTV data stream through. IGMP Proxy plays no role or at least shouldn't because IPTV I have doesn't use Mutlicasting stream but some other I forgot its name.

I don't want to rush into asking ISP to change to new router MAC in case if it still won't work coz then I won't be able to get IPTV using my old router and that would suck hard being without TV for god knows how long.

Is it possible that IPTV is ignoring the spoofed MAC address (detecting device's original one which is different since it's new router) in the WAN and that's the reason why IPTV doesn't work? Given that IPTV generally ignores all settings and functions and just routes IPTV data stream through. IGMP Proxy plays no role or at least shouldn't because IPTV I have doesn't use Mutlicasting stream but some other I forgot its name.

I don't want to rush into asking ISP to change to new router MAC in case if it still won't work coz then I won't be able to get IPTV using my old router and that would suck hard being without TV for god knows how long.

Who exactly is your fiber provider ?

Ok, what the frigging hell?! No matter what I tried I couldn't get anything to work and I also had constant WiFi problems so I said I'm gonna go all stock. Apparently, Ai Protect feature was blocking my IPTV functionality. If I disable Ai Protect, IPTV works. As soon as I enable Ai Protect, IPTV goes dead and I start having awful connectivity problems. I used Ai Protect on RT-AC87U without a single issue for years. And now this...

I've tried official ASUS firmware and also Beta2 , Ai Protect on ASUS RT-AX58U is causing breakage of IPTV as well as constant WiFi connectivity problems where my WiFi connections just kept dropping on my clients non stop. After disabling Ai Protect, IPTV works and WiFi connectivity issues were also gone. What the hell?! Why could Ai Protect on RT-AC87U work without any problem for all these years but here it's crippling it entirely? Ai Protect is closed source so I need to bitch at ASUS for this since it's out of Merlin's control. Unless he can relay the problem to ASUS faster...

On my Windows computer I had the problem with beta2 that is loses it's IPv6 connection. I had to turn off and on the ethernet adapter several times to reconnect the IPv6.

Since yesterday I reinstalled beta1 and since then there are no more IPv6 disconnections.

Anyone had any issues with WiFi authentication when method is set to WPA2/WPA3 Personal?

Running 384.15 on RT-AX88U.

I have only noticed this problem with 1 device: Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 1909, chipset: Marvel AVASTAR AC

Problem goes away if WPA2/Personal is set.

Hi, I just found out that my DDNS client is no longer working proprely after I rebooted the system and aquired a new ISP connection (and public IP). The remembered IP is now the previous one and disabling/reenabling the client through the GUI seems like doing nothing.. any ideas ? I suppose this is a problem of the ASUS DDNS servers, but .. could be related to beta1 malfunctioning somehow?.

Hi, I just found out that my DDNS client is no longer working proprely after I rebooted the system and aquired a new ISP connection (and public IP). The remembered IP is now the previous one and disabling/reenabling the client through the GUI seems like doing nothing.. any ideas ? I suppose this is a problem of the ASUS DDNS servers, but .. could be related to beta1 malfunctioning somehow?.

This problem does not have my AX88U with dyndns.org after a reboot.

:)

Anyone had any issues with WiFi authentication when method is set to WPA2/WPA3 Personal?

I have only noticed this problem with 1 device: Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 1909, chipset: Marvel AVASTAR AC

Nope my Galaxy S10 connects via wifi 6 in this mode and no issues.

Since the issue is happening with one device its probably not the router. Have you tried updating the nic drivers on the Surface?

My ISP IP have changed yesterday but my asus ddns don't update. On the DDNS page I see no error but when I use my ddns it's the old IP. I have a RT-AX88U on 384.16.b2

beta2 ok with my two AC86U main+AP combos at two sites. Running permanent VPN connection between the sites with a variety of wired and wireless clients at both sites.

I have upgraded a few RT-AC66U_B1's, RT-AC68U's, RT-AC3100's, RT-AC86U's and RT-AX88U's to RMerlin 384.16 Beta 2 in the last few days. Everything working great and from customers' own words, 'even better than before' too. :)

A few of these were done remotely (OpenVPN connections) and one of these upgrades (all from 384.15_0) was for the two RT-AC86U units in AiMesh mode too. All of these units are 'dirty' upgrades too (as is my personal RT-AX88U upgrade too from a few days ago).

This is the process I used to successfully upgrade these with minimum downtime for the customers.
  • Update any and all scripts used by amtm to the latest available versions.
  • Wait until the router CPUs settled down after the above upgrades.
  • Safely remove all USB devices attached to the router from GUI. Note, I didn't physically remove anything.
  • Wait for the router CPUs to settle down after doing the above.
  • Flash the appropriate firmware 384.16 Beta 2 for each model.
  • After the reboot (yes, even the RT-AC86U's all rebooted successfully, even the remote ones), waited at least 15 minutes and rebooted once more.
Five customers called me back and mentioned that the network felt faster vs. 384.15_0. I contacted the rest and all reported no issues since the upgrade.

@OzarkEdge just wanted to let you know that the upgrade of the RT-AC86U's in AiMesh mode was very straightforward, even with RMerlin firmware running (384.15_0) and upgraded to (384.16 Beta 2) on them. Remembering back to the initial installation of AiMesh for them, the node connects much faster now to the main router with Beta 2, too. :)

The customers who agreed to try/test newer firmware a few weeks early were a bit skeptical at first, but are now believers.

I warned them that with such a stable Beta release, the final should be around the corner soon. Some asked if the next Alpha was available yet. :)

RMerlin, thank you again. :)

I am using WPA2/WPA3 Personal on both 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz bands with my RT-AX58U. I have 2 Intel AX200 clients, a bunch of Android devices, Fire TV, Google Home, and a bunch of Apple devices without any problems. Only the 2 Intel clients are actually connecting with WPA3. Very stable.

@nakti you're in the wrong thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!