What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.18 Beta / 384.13_9 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old issue with the Trend Micro dcd process on the RT-AC86U. Only Trend Micro can fix it, and so far they don't seem to care enough to.

Thanks for letting me know. Is there by-chance a list of these issues maintained somewhere? Maybe a sticky-thread should added so that people can refer to it before asking questions each time a firmware is released?

Thanks for letting me know. Is there by-chance a list of these issues maintained somewhere? Maybe a sticky-thread should added so that people can refer to it before asking questions each time a firmware is released?
This has been discussed before. The current stickies don't get read, so it's unlikely adding a new one would have any effect, other than adding responsibility to keep the list updated. The general recommendation is to search, e.g. dcd tainted returns results where this issue has been reported previously: https://www.snbforums.com/search/1455403/?q=dcd+tainted&o=date&c[node]=42

EDIT: This is the post I was thinking of https://www.snbforums.com/threads/the-showstopper-i-saw-error-xx-in-my-logs-now-what.55950/

This has been discussed before. The current stickies don't get read, so it's unlikely adding a new one would have any effect, other than adding responsibility to keep the list updated. The general recommendation is to search, e.g. dcd tainted returns results where this issue has been reported previously: https://www.snbforums.com/search/1455403/?q=dcd+tainted&o=date&c[node]=42

EDIT: This is the post I was thinking of https://www.snbforums.com/threads/the-showstopper-i-saw-error-xx-in-my-logs-now-what.55950/

ok, makes sense that I'm not the first to suggest this idea. But why not make L&LD's thread a sticky and see what happens? And Merlin can link it to it either on his site or when he creates a new FW thread.

Been using the AC88U version for 12 hours now, no problems thus far, but my configuration is nothing fancy.

Running my AC87U (main router) for 24h on 384.13_9 beta without problems - coming from 384.13_8 was not expecting issues. :cool:

Old habits die hard.... (aka avoid running /sbin/reboot in the CLI)

As part of doing some debugging of cake-qos, I noticed that a manual reboot would cause the AX88u running 384.14_beta1 to crash. As a result, a power cycle was needed to get the unit operational.
I did this 3 times and it was consistent over those 3... using Jack's scmerlin, "r" worked fine - AX88u came back.

For now, I am linking /sbin/reboot to a short script that does "service reboot". Like I said, old habits die hard...

ok, makes sense that I'm not the first to suggest this idea. But why not make L&LD's thread a sticky and see what happens? And Merlin can link it to it either on his site or when he creates a new FW thread.

Because the more sticky posts there is, the less people are going to pay attention to them. This has been repeatedly observed with the questions already answered in the sticky FAQ thread that keep getting asked over and over again. So, I limit sticky posts to things that need to be easily located (like the various firmware forks), rather than posts that I expect people to look at when having a question. A lot of people come here and ask questions without reading a single post beforehand.

hey after updating 384.18 my classification with twitch/gaiming and other parts are completley different now, twitch streaming is not in the right category ?

Also it doesnst show me any rates on my device or anything ? can i go back to the old firmware ?

Last edited:
Heyy yes i still use it should i switch?

Ok what should i use now and is there any step by step Installation guide because i dont know how to install it? I wanna use the 95% bandwith settings as I had.

Can you help me to install a pfercet Script for gaming Only for cs go and streaming twitch?

Or do i net not any scripts anymore? I mean the bufferbloat was really good with the script but now if it track false it is not Wörth anymore

Last edited:
On the 88U, the following checkbox has appeared:

YwO1mlo.png

Not sure if it's meant to appear, since after checking it and choosing 160 MHz it gets unchecked in the next page load. I also don't know if 5G networks with a bandwidth of 160 MHz are supported on this router, or exist at all..

On the 88U, the following checkbox has appeared:

YwO1mlo.png

Not sure if it's meant to appear, since after checking it and choosing 160 MHz it gets unchecked in the next page load. I also don't know if 5G networks with a bandwidth of 160 MHz are supported on this router, or exist at all..

"88U" is not a valid model. Are you talking about an RT-AC88U (which doesn't support 160 MHz) or an RT-AX88U (which does support it)?

What is a dirty Upgrade and how can i do it?

Is there any good guide for it?

Last edited:
Are there any likely problems with dirty flash from 384.15?
I would not bet on that but execute a Nuclear reset and M&M configuration as user L&LD has jotted down for you (just search this forum). Since Merlin 384.18 passwords are stored in a different way by Asus and the best way is to start from scratch. I recommend to install 384.18 Beta. It runs rock solid on the RT-AC5300.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!