What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.18 Beta / 384.13_9 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do i Unmounted the USB drive via the GUI?

How do i Unmounted the USB drive via the GUI?
Click on the icon of the USB drive.The panel on the right will change from "System Status" to "External USB disk status". You'll then see an option (at the bottom of the panel) to "Safely Remove disk". Click on Remove and you're done.

and how do i Removed the USB drive from the router, or what exactly does this mean ? do i have to put out something from the router ?

or is it the step that you said in the post ?

16 hours ago I did a dirty upgrade from 384.17 on RT-AC86U and until now everything seems fine (as usual).
I noticed that now it is possible to export directories from the USB disks using NFS, is it new?. I wonder
if anyone tested it and checked if it is better than using SMB.
Thanks

@RMerlin

The changelog is published for the end user, its absurd to then claim that the user doesn't need to understand it, and that's all I am trying to do.

Is it the case that the GPL release versions can't be compared across models? If so, can you include in the changelog from which model the gpl version is taken? Otherwise it's a meaningless number.

I did figure out the significance of "code is identical to 384_81846". 384_81846 GPL was used in a prior alpha, the chnagelog for which is not on the main changelog page. If you know this fact, the phrase makes perfect sense, it says the gpl code did not change between the alpha and beta, despite the version bump. But someone just looking at at the changelog page would not understand that. You knew perfectly well what I was asking and why.

If you need that level of detail, do it yourself. Fork the project and examine line by line the code. Go explore the publicly available GPLs, learn.
If you're attempting to badger your way to get something not on offer, good luck with that.

Either way, take your demands to a different thread, just like all other non-beta related issues.

i notice that the "QoS - WAN/LAN BAndwidth Monitor" page now has a drop list for scale, with options: "100Mbps, 1gps, 10Gbps(!), and auto".
is it possible and would it make sense to also have other common values like: "200Mbps, 300Mbps, 400, 600" ? Or is "Auto" adequate?
thanks

'Auto' hasn't missed yet for me. No reason to change it at all. :)

Sorry i have to say even that staps are to hard for me to do it, i dont know how to use atmt?

You guys are all pros but not everyone also with non speaking english language, is able to do the steps so would be really nice to just make a step by step guide if you want that other people except network pros use the script. Otherwisethe script is just for a few people in the forum. I dont even know where to download and what excat should i download?

If you need that level of detail, do it yourself. Fork the project and examine line by line the code. Go explore the publicly available GPLs, learn.
If you're attempting to badger your way to get something not on offer, good luck with that.

Either way, take your demands to a different thread, just like all other non-beta related issues.
Agree 100% or 110% as in sports. The changelogs provided by @RMerlin IMHO are very detailed and it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure it out. Badgering for MORE information is only understood when LESS is provided. @RMerlin already provides way MORE detail than other releases. I just hope we can convert @RMerlin to American football although the Canadian football is pretty good. Thinking Johnny Manziel.

Pls can somebody help me on teamspeak i cannot install it

Pls can somebody help me on teamspeak i cannot install it

Then you shouldn't be installing a beta software. Beta implies it may have bugs, and requires users to be a bit more technically skilled to be able to deal with those bugs, and properly report them.

Best you wait for the final release.

yea i will never do it sry

I have a minor request for the RT-AC87U, firmware RT-AC87U_384.13_9
Dutch language "Netwerkhulpprogramma's". is to long to fit correct in the UI.

RT-AC87U_384.13_9 Netwerkhulpprogramma.jpg

Is it possible to fix the Dutch interface the way it is fixed in p.e. RT-AX88U?
"Netwerk
Hulpprogramma's"

RT-AX88U Netwerk Hulpprogramma's.jpg

Is it possible to fix the Dutch interface the way it is fixed in p.e. RT-AX88U?

I don't modify the dictionnary files, unless it's to fix broken Javascript errors, sorry.

Just cleaning up those weird translations would be a whole project on its own. And keep in mind that the RT-AC87U is a frankenbuild, using 384 code that was never really fully tested by Asus for this model.

If the issue is also present on native 384 models, then this should be reported upstream to Asus instead.

so just after 24 hours since I flashed the beta, my 5ghz radio just seemingly out of nowhere decided to turn off (2.4ghz and ethernet works as normal). Is this a sign of possible hardware failure?

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    16.8 KB · Views: 136
Not necessarily. Does the channel in the GUI show '0' (zero) by any chance? What router is this, btw?

Remove power from the router and leave it unplugged for a minute or two. When powered back up, is the radio 'back'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!