What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.7 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
-e /sbin/ddns_updated -exec-nochg /sbin/ddns_updated --cache-dir=/tmp/inadyn.cache

This statement seems to work:
Code:
inadyn -l debug -f /jffs/inadyn-changeip.conf --exec /sbin/ddns_custom_updated 1 --exec-nochg /sbin/ddns_custom_updated 1 --cache-dir=/tmp/inadyn.cache

Thanks RMerlin!

I think 384.7_beta2 is ready for primetime @RMerlin. I know it's a little early:rolleyes: but this is solid. I have beat this up as well as I could while this router stays in production. It shines!!:D

Tried for a second time to get a selfhost.eu account, still no go. Had to fudge their registration form (despite listing Canada in their country list, they reject Canadian postal codes as being invalid), and after I managed to get through, spent a lot of time wandering around their German-only (thank you Google Translate) webui to discover that the DynDNS account I tried to create had been blocked due to my IP range.

So I'm sorry, but unless someone can provide me with a working account or informative-enough debug logs, selfhost will have to be dropped. People will have to use dns-o-matic to update it, or switch to a provider that actually works.

EDIT: tried sending a message to their tech support asking for manual validation, we'll see if they do anything about it...

UPDATE: they replied back, and manually activated my account.

Last edited:
dnsomatic seems to be working ok for me now, I put in one of my subdomains rather than the main one, no idea if that did it for beta2 :)

That was quick. Selfhost already answered (in German), and they enabled my DynDNS account.

dnsomatic seems to be working ok for me now, I put in one of my subdomains rather than the main one, no idea if that did it for beta2

It was probably working as well with all.dnsomatic.com, it was just generating an error message because that host cannot be resolved by inadyn, however it wasn't preventing the rest of the procedure from completing. But it's probably better to use a real hostname, the router will also be able to make use of it when generating an OpenVPN client config file, for example.

Selfhost issue resolved. Their website returns "nochg" when your IP hasn't changed, however Inadyn's generic plugin does not recognize that response. Simplest fix is to add this to your config:

Code:
ddns-response = {"nochg", "good" }

I'm debating updating Inadyn's code to natively recognize "nochg" as a valid response. I've opened an issue with its author to see what he thinks of it.

Neither. Asus hasn't released any new firmware for that model, and the last released firmware is not compatible with the GPL code 384.7 is based on.
thanks ,guess I'll wait what's out first FW Oor me from the hospital

Merlin do you plan to incorporate changes from ASUS 3.0.0.4.384.32799 for AC-68U?
Asus on their support page mention that this version has "Fixed WIFI stability issue." which is interesting. Unfortunately they do not elaborate what kind of stability issue it is and what it affects exactly.

Last edited:
Its really nice now I can update both my WAN and CLIENT-1 at same time with inadyn.conf.add

A first draft of the documentation for the new DDNS support was added to the Wiki, if anyone wants to revise or comment on it:

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/DDNS-services

With a Custom ddns server, I had to use "/sbin/ddns_custom_updated 1" to get rid of the yellow exclamation mark next to the DDNS (Internet Status), and these log messages:
Sep 26 17:42:23 Mastiff: Got AAE_SIG_REMOTE_CONNECTION_TURNED_ON
Sep 26 17:42:23 Mastiff: select error
Otherwise, if using "/sbin/ddns_updated", as described in the new wiki, an error message will pop-up while in the wan/ddns page and the yellow mark would remain next to the DDNS internet status in the Network Map page. The ddns server would still update though!

I get this nice entry in the log:
Sep 25 17:29:29 ddns: Completed custom ddns update

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but a consideration I want to do it:
Asus has ignored its firmware for years ... and now releases 1 update every month!
What happened?
The legendary Merlin, with this firmware, is working hard on (21140_GPL) and Asus has already released 2 successive firmware 32738 and 32799.
What's going on?
What do we have expect for the future?

I'm sorry, but a consideration I want to do it:
Asus has ignored its firmware for years ... and now releases 1 update every month!
What happened?
The legendary Merlin, with this firmware, is working hard on (21140_GPL) and Asus has already released 2 successive firmware 32738 and 32799.
What's going on?
What do we have expect for the future?

The main worry is more and more closed source components in the newer firmware.

With a Custom ddns server, I had to use "/sbin/ddns_custom_updated 1" to get rid of the yellow exclamation mark next to the DDNS (Internet Status), and these log messages:

How is your custom DDNS implemented? Were you using inadyn or some other method?

Merlin do you plan to incorporate changes from ASUS 3.0.0.4.384.32799 for AC-68U?

The 384_32799 source code is not available yet, so there's nothing for me to work with.

Testing Comcast IPv6 at: http://ipv6-test.com/
Got only 17 of 21 readiness with Beta 2 (19 of 21 with earlier version) with this message in error report:
Your router or firewall is filtering ICMPv6 messages sent to your computer. An IPv6 host that cannot receive ICMP messages may encounter problems like some web pages loading partially or not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!