What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.7 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having an odd issue where if I enable MAC and IP binding on the device from the Network Map "Client status" list, the router seems to lockup and soft reboot after applying to a single device.
If I do it from the LAN/DHCP tab, it applies without skipping a beat, even for multiple devices at once.
Currently on Beta 2 with RT-AC88U.

Is this behavior intended?

If being in a double NAT situation is indeed the culprit, is it possible to build a workaround into the firmware so that it works for the supported ddns providers?.

Let's Encrypt implementation is closed source, so out of my control.

Personally I fail to see LE support as being of any real use anyway, especially in the light of the fact that it's mostly of use when exposing your interface to the WAN, which is a big no-no security-wise.

I'm having an odd issue where if I enable MAC and IP binding on the device from the Network Map "Client status" list, the router seems to lockup and soft reboot after applying to a single device.
If I do it from the LAN/DHCP tab, it applies without skipping a beat, even for multiple devices at once.
Currently on Beta 2 with RT-AC88U.

Is this behavior intended?

This is normal and by design. Any change to the network causes a complete restart of the network subsystem, as it's the only way to ensure that all changes made there are properly applied.

This is normal and by design. Any change to the network causes a complete restart of the network subsystem, as it's the only way to ensure that all changes made there are properly applied.
To make sure, is it better to do from the Device List, or the DHCP list?
From one it restarts, the other it doesn't.
Just want to make sure one is correctly applying since it doesn't restart if changed from the LAN menu.

Thanks again!

Installed beta3 over 384.6 on my RT-AC86U. I'm in double NAT with my modem (Vodafone IT) but I can say the new DDNS service is working flawlessly with my DNS-O-MATIC setup.

More then 1 day on beta3 seems to work fine
Checked syslog this morning
Code:
Oct  2 02:00:12 rc_service: rc 28887:notify_rc restart_wrs
Have not seen that one before, Searched about it something about NAT-loopback and trend-micro
Edit: New Signature version ;)
Signature Version
2.090 Updated : 2018/10/02 02:00

Last edited:
Totally fine here......
I've had really good luck on this version, alpha's and beta's. I was having problems with limited slots for 2.4Ghz before, but both 2.4G and 5G have been flawless for me. BUT, I also started from a fresh NVRAM, and followed the recommendations from others for settings on those bands at the same time. (Disabling airtime fairness, and beam forming, etc) Because I didn't do those separately, I can't tell you which helped, or if it was a combination of firmware and settings. (I just wanted it fixed!)

Thanks, do you guys keep the 5ghz channel width set to the auto setting 20/40/80 ?

I use channel 40 and in the top corner under wifi logo on the asus gui it says channel 40 /80mhz .

Unsure if I should be using 40mhz instead on the 5ghz.

Anyway I look forward to 384.7 and will be doing a full initialise, so hopefully that will cure my random wifi issues.

Thanks, do you guys keep the 5ghz channel width set to the auto setting 20/40/80 ?

I use channel 40 and in the top corner under wifi logo on the asus gui it says channel 40 /80mhz .

Anyway I look forward to 384.7 and will be doing a full initialise, so hopefully that will cure my random wifi issues.
Try bandwidth 80 and channel 36 for 5ghz

take whatever is fastest for you, auto20/40/80 will probably be same as 80 if router sees needed channels as free. 20 or 40 not really recommended for home with enough free channels.
channel: test them all, 36/52/100 and use fastest or let it auto-select.

86U running Beta 3 with no problems.
no-ip DDNS updates fine.
Apple devices have excellent WiFi.
Other devices are fine both wireless and wired.
I have several ports forwarded for both IPV4 and V6

To make sure, is it better to do from the Device List, or the DHCP list?
From one it restarts, the other it doesn't.
Just want to make sure one is correctly applying since it doesn't restart if changed from the LAN menu.

If you just want to manipulate DHCP reservations, best to do it directly from the DHCP page. Only "drawback" is that clients with an existing lease won't immediately renew their lease.

Firmware updated my AC3100 from beta2 to beta3, working great, and DNSOMATIC is no longer throwing up an error in the log. Thanks Merlin!

Updated to Beta 3 without issues. DDNS using no-ip.com works great. Thanks!

afraid.org DDNS working fine. Update both wan and vpn1 ip-nummer with inadyn.conf.add.
Uptime 1 days 11 hours 36 minute(s) 1 seconds

Is anyone having issues with the asus app on android. I haven't been able to get mine to find my router for a while. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Channel 44, 20/40/80 for bandwidth here.

You guy's that have been running the alpha and betas of 384.7 how has wifi been.

I still get the odd random drop out on wifi, its rare, but tonight for example I had about 3 dropouts in the space of 20 minutes.
This was on the 5ghz band.

Starting with the *.5 betas, I began to have repeated dropouts. I only noticed the 2.4G band as that's where various smart devices were connecting.

I finally bit the bullet and did a full reset for the first *.7 alpha, then manually reconfigured, including all 47 DHCP clients. No dropouts since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!