What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.9 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The firmware doesn't touch disk content, even less firmware updates. Something else caused the issue, could be filesystem corruption that occurred during the reboot.
I'm sorry but it happened. My main catalog has disappeared with all content and only loose txt files related to disk access have survived.

@RMerlin do you need any RT-AX88U Beta testers? I'll install it if it helps you.

So, the only way to turn off the Tracked Connections is to disable QOS?
Also missing the setting to turn off wan up via DNS check.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

My Qos is off, but I see tracked connections.

Maybe select ‘ping’ instead of ‘dns query’?

So, the only way to turn off the Tracked Connections is to disable QOS?

There is nothing to "turn off", this page merely shows you a list of internally tracked connections.

Also missing the setting to turn off wan up via DNS check.

WAN checks are on the Administration -> System Page, same as on stock firmware.

Just a note about the RT-AC87U (H/W Ver. A2 from 2018.) and the "- KNOWN ISSUE: Networkmap listing may be unreliable. (Bug in Asus's code)"; it was also unreliable with the previous 384.7_2 I used, with constantly adding and disappearing clients showing LAN as Interface for the 5GHz connections.
The only new funny addition is that in the list I have now also my WiFi 5GHz Quantenna shown as: ASUS - 169.254.39.51 ?o_O (I use 192.) - Static - with its correct MAC address.. :D

Last edited:
Hey, apologise if this already was mentionend somewhere but could you please clarify for me whether there is (for current version) or is planning to be the support for IFTTT for the RT-AC87U. Thanks.

Just a note about the RT-AC87U (H/W Ver. A2 from 2018.) and the "- KNOWN ISSUE: Networkmap listing may be unreliable. (Bug in Asus's code)"; it was also unreliable with the previous 384.7_2 I used, with constantly adding and disappearing clients showing LAN as Interface for the 5GHz connections.
The only new funny addition is that in the list I have now also my WiFi 5GHz Quantenna shown as: ASUS - 169.254.39.51 ?o_O (I use 192.) - Static - with its correct MAC address.. :D
Same

Attachments

• 666.jpg
    666.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 452
Hey, apologise if this already was mentionend somewhere but could you please clarify for me whether there is (for current version) or is planning to be the support for IFTTT for the RT-AC87U. Thanks.

Closed-source, so only Asus can add it.

I have years RT-AC87U . i want support for this.. But .. is most "forgotten " router form Merlin .. "sat" ')

I have years RT-AC87U . i want support for this.. But .. is most "forgotten " router form Merlin .. "sat" ')

He can't add it -read the post two up from yours. And it's hardly a "forgotten" router for Merlin - you have a 384.9 beta.

Hi,

Have just installed Beta 1 384.9 on my RT-AX88U... have looked at the change log - I am still getting this issue -

- CHANGED: No longer reset the OpenVPN client's description, policy mode and existing rules when uploading an .ovpn config file.

All of the above reset each time I upload a .ovpn config file.

Couple of other random things happening on the router that I have noticed -

- after clicking apply settings (in both OpenVPN client and in DCHP server settings - manual assignment) all changes made before applying settings were lost. Happened 3 times in a row when trying to create a manual IP for example. Got to applying changes 100% but didn't apply the changes. Did similar things in OpenVPN.

Didn't have that issue with the stock ASUS firmware previously that I can remember.

- previous OpenVPN client settings from the stock ASUS firmware ported into the PPTP/L2TP client settings in the beta version.

Otherwise everything seems to be running well.

Cheers

Just so we're clear, RMerlin does not work for Asus, does not represent Asus, and has no control over Asus' support for its routers. He does this custom firmware on his own time. Because much of the firmware is closed-source binary blobs, he couldn't port this over to your router even if he had the time and inclination. Asus has to add this, RMerlin can't.

I'm getting much faster speeds over Open VPN with this Beta release than I was before on my RT AC66U_B1 . I'm in South Africa and only have a 6MB connection so I am very grateful for the improvement, Thank you RMerlin!

With my RT-AC68U coming from 384.8_2, the first time I attempted it, browser was stuck on "Applying Settings" with no progress bar when I came back. Restarted my browser and went back to the Router and 384.8_2 was still on it. I re-applied the firmware and this time it worked. So, I guess some combination of stuff I did in the router GUI and browser state, made it fail the first time (Firefox 64.0.2).

So far everything seems to be working. I guess since I had the Trend Micro Statistics enabled, the Traffic Classification of QoS worked (or does it work even if nothing related to Trend Micro is enabled?).

Anyway, thanks for all your efforts.

I had a similar experience going from 384.8_2, but my browser (Waterfox 56.2.6) did finish updating with no errors or warnings, even some lights on the router changed while at it like it was updating (even lost the internet), and at the end nothing, same old version!
Rebooted the router and tried again, went without issues this time (kept my all my setting as well, no factory reset)..?

Had no USB drive or anything else in the router USB ports, the first nor the second try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!