What's new

[Beta] RT-AC87U Firmware version 9.0.0.4.380_2695

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This version finds two BUG!
1 open the visitors network, set the time, when the time to reach the set time, the visitor network will not be closed!
Have you tried to disconnect and connect again? Sounds like the same issue as parental control and present also in previous builds (i.e. by design).

I have installed the firmware. I wasn't planning to try it given the time sync issue but I came home and the router went unresponsive so needed a reboot. So I caved in and became a beta tester.

Also, nobody look under the 5Ghz professional tab...

I have installed the firmware. I wasn't planning to try it given the time sync issue but I came home and the router went unresponsive so needed a reboot. So I caved in and became a beta tester.

Also, nobody look under the 5Ghz professional tab...

Why is that?

I installed this FW, too and it seems to run pretty well. My impression is that it runs smoother than the previous version. But it is only an impression.
I use the 2.4 and the 5 Ghz network and a guest network, and that's nearly all.

I hope this works out for everyone. Just the weekend prior to this release, I replaced my RT-AC87R with a Ubiquiti UAC-AP-PRO access point.

I can now actually see how much battery drain actually existed with the RT-AC87 for an Android phone on 5GHz, so I hope everyone's issues are resolved once and for all on that front. I never had the issues others had with the Quantenna radio other than that, so I can't speak to them.

Have you tried to disconnect and connect again? Sounds like the same issue as parental control and present also in previous builds (i.e. by design).
This version finds two BUG!
1 open the visitors network, set the time, when the time to reach the set time, the visitor network will not be closed!

I set the guest network time to 8 hours and it was closed after that time.
Before updating I went back to factory default. Probably that helps.

....8 days 3 hours 21 minute(s) 51 seconds uptime.
and everything seem to work fine... this beta build looks promising here!

Fax, do you have any possibility to test Android battery drain on 5ghz?

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

Me neither. 5Ghz is using same amount of battery like 2.4ghz
On my s6 its 6-7% loss on idle 8-9hs during night.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Haven't tested the firmware yet, been waiting for some feedback on how it seems first.
Gonna check this one out as soon as I get a chance to it, want to get my android phone up on the 5ghz and se if the iPad 2 can connect to i. Been issues with the iPad 2 5 ghz since the 9383 firmware for me :/

i will test new fw, when asus fix time synchronization issue. :(

Seems to work quite good so far, can't disable spanning Tree though.
The option is missing so can't get ctf+fa to work... But as I said asus seems to be on the right track :)

Spanning tree switch is only in RMerlin fw.

On stock firmware you can manually disable STP through SSH:

Code:
nvram set lan_stp=0
nvram commit

Then reboot your router.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!