What's new

[Beta] RT-AC87U Firmware version 9.0.0.4.380_2695

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Now after a hard reset with default pool.ntp.org is now updating correctly... maybe it was on ntp.org side...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

@sentinelvdx
IMO it's not possible becouse this time-server is same as in older fw, where work ok

Well, my experience here was that it was not working at all...
After changing it to ar.pool.ntp.org this one worked, I did a hard reset right now reconfigured the whole router again manually, but left default pool.ntp.org address and now's updating...

OK, thanks, i will try today :)

Not uncommon that pool.ntp.org act weird... for example, here I have no issue whatsoever with time syncro.
But I had similar issues in the past with other routers that no one could replicate :(

@fax
it's not pool.ntp.org problem becouse this serwer work without any problems with all earlier fw.

ntp_1.png

I understand your frustration, but at the end if it works fine with another server than not a big deal. Just use an alternate address and may be one day when ASUS/NTP will manage to find the issue you can go back to the default one. From a practical point of view there is no difference whatsoever (e.g. different response time) in choosing your country NTP than the general one. :)

The problem starts when the router does not allow you to change the address, not the case for ASUS but possible in other routers brands :confused:

it's not work with other ntp-servers
ntp_2.png

i also try ar.pool.ntp.org
i do factory default.

Last edited:
well NTP works for me fine with default server... though IPV6 still fails to work on DHCP-PD with prefix /60 :)

@fax, I have tried everything with the guest network and it's only with the 5ghz guest network this problem exists. If I test with the same setup on 2,4 it works as it should. I know that it not good practice to use the same password for both guest and standard network but I have it this way to stop the kids ipad from being able to cast to chromecast and airplay.

So the bug only exists on the 5ghz band. Try to reproduce it with the same password as the standard and see if you get the same outcome.

well NTP works for me fine with default server... though IPV6 still fails to work on DHCP-PD with prefix /60 :)
What connection You are use ?
I i connect my 87u by PPPoE.
Maybe the type of connections matter?

so i not understand this problem. We are both in Poland, both have same timezone, same connection PPPoE...
Maybe You are have connected another devices to router ? I have connected HDD and 4G E3372 modem.

btw. can you send feedback using router menu ? When i try use feedback menu i have message that i have not internet connection :D

Last edited:
hmm... i test without 4g modem still same problem, but i not disconnect usb hdd....

May be ISP problem or modem/cable? Are you both under the same Polish internet service provider?

no. but as i said before. No ISP problem becouse fw 9529 and earlier have no problem with time synchro.

@fax, I have tried everything with the guest network and it's only with the 5ghz guest network this problem exists. If I test with the same setup on 2,4 it works as it should. I know that it not good practice to use the same password for both guest and standard network but I have it this way to stop the kids ipad from being able to cast to chromecast and airplay.

So the bug only exists on the 5ghz band. Try to reproduce it with the same password as the standard and see if you get the same outcome.

Done, 5ghz Guest, same password of the main connection. Can't replicate what you report.
I have no access to other systems or resources (other than mine).

Once again, are you sure that you do not limit yourself to ping the resources but you really try to read/write content on LAN resources?

20acfa8467175651f91fb2bc5f3bf754.jpg

I can edit move create without problem an I can cast to chromecast on the standard non guest network and it only happens on 5ghz guest net and not on the 2.4 guest network.
The only non standard setting I use is stp disabled but this shouldnt interfere.

If no one else can reproduce this bug I don't know what other info I can give you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!