What's new

big frame

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

qiuyan81

Occasional Visitor
Merlin firmware, where is the switch's big frame set? I can not find

I believe it's normally in LAN> Switch Control, but I believe there has been a discussion on these forums about its not being implemented on the GT-AX6000 and some other routers. So I assume its been excluded from the current Alpha firmware that you list.
There appears to be a new beta firmware, that I'll be flashing into my own AX6000 later today (having had zero issues with the alpha!).

If you can't explicitly enable Jumbo Frames on each and every device on your network, do not enable it at all.

Jumbo Frames haven't needed to be set for many, many years now.

I believe it's normally in LAN> Switch Control, but I believe there has been a discussion on these forums about its not being implemented on the GT-AX6000 and some other routers. So I assume its been excluded from the current Alpha firmware that you list.
There appears to be a new beta firmware, that I'll be flashing into my own AX6000 later today (having had zero issues with the alpha!).
I didn't find this setting in lan, it may have been abandoned

If you can't explicitly enable Jumbo Frames on each and every device on your network, do not enable it at all.

Jumbo Frames haven't needed to be set for many, many years now.
I want to test the transfer rate of large files of nas. I seem to have seen this setting in the asusWrt firmware before. Probably the merlin firmware has dropped it

Jumbo frames are not supported by the GT-AX6000.