What's new

VPNMON Block IPv6 on devices routed through a VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pmcarrion

Occasional Visitor
I have IPv6 enabled on my network, but this causes an IP-leak on devices routed to a VPN on the router.
The solution would be to disable IPv6, but I would have a significant performance hit as my ISP is IPv6-first and is much faster over IPv6.

It would be great if VPNMON had an option to block IPv6 on devices connected to a VPN on the router.

Is this doable?

I have IPv6 enabled on my network, but this causes an IP-leak on devices routed to a VPN on the router.
The solution would be to disable IPv6, but I would have a significant performance hit as my ISP is IPv6-first and is much faster over IPv6.

It would be great if VPNMON had an option to block IPv6 on devices connected to a VPN on the router.

Is this doable?
You should be able to disable IPv6 capabilities for traffic going over your VPN using your "custom config" for each of your VPN clients.

Code:
pull-filter ignore "ifconfig-ipv6"
pull-filter ignore "route-ipv6"

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!