What's new

Skynet @Skynet Block TLD?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

js28194

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

Tried to block TLD *.zip via menu. Do not want anyone to click on .zip domains.... stupid Google offering .zip domains (sigh) dumb move. Tried AmTm -> skynet -> (2) to ban -> (3) for domain -> *.zip. I can still get to url.zip in webbrowser (harmless site) not mine, but testing.... want no one to get to *.zip domains, period!!! Too confusing for family, who ain;'t teckie.

This isn't a good use for Skynet. It will try to resolve zip one time via nslookup and not get any result. Better to block it via dnsmasq.conf.add using a statement like:
Code:
server=/zip/

Hello,

Tried to block TLD *.zip via menu. Do not want anyone to click on .zip domains.... stupid Google offering .zip domains (sigh) dumb move. Tried AmTm -> skynet -> (2) to ban -> (3) for domain -> *.zip. I can still get to url.zip in webbrowser (harmless site) not mine, but testing.... want no one to get to *.zip domains, period!!! Too confusing for family, who ain;'t teckie.
there is this thread from last year that has some recent activity due to concerns about google's .zip and .mov TLD's.