What's new

Blocking the Google signin popup?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

noah way

Regular Contributor
Is there a Diversion script that will block the annoying google signin popup?

Not a problem on the PC, but annoying as hell on IOS.

I have tried everything I can think of to stop the Google signin popup that now seems to appear on so many websites. I've logged in to google and checked all my setting (which were set for max privacy). I've tried access from different locations with VPN and I’ve tried different browsers (with the odd SnowHaze browser) being the only one that blocks this.

It appears that google is tracking everyone all the time whether you are logged in or not.

Last edited:
Duckduckgo browser doesn’t block this.
I use Adguard’s safari extension. Should be under “Annoyance” filter or just use the DNS filter extension for Safari.

Attachments

• 5D145CB8-EA6F-4D65-B6BA-DB819E9B698F.jpeg
    5D145CB8-EA6F-4D65-B6BA-DB819E9B698F.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 49
So you leave yourself open to vulnerabilities .:rolleyes:
That depends on how much you trust Apple. New IOS versions enhance Apple's monitoring and tracking capability. You think all those updates are for your benefit? LOL

I don’t do anything that requires security on mobile platforms. That's all done on a fortified PC harware and software firewalls, running through rotating VPN servers.

Last edited:
If you don’t trust Apple, why do you use an iPhone?

Older unpatched versions of iOS (and many other operating systems) have known security issues that are exploited in the wild. Not running the latest version of iOS enables “everyone” (not just Apple) to snoop on you.

Becuase Android is more secure? LOL They all suck, they are all compromised, they all spy on everyone all the time. Which is why I don’t use my phone for anything that requires security, as I said above.

Becuase Android is more secure? LOL They all suck, they are all compromised, they all spy on everyone all the time. Which is why I don’t use my phone for anything that requires security, as I said above.
Do you have any evidence that iOS is spying on you “all the time” … soon most of their services will be E2EE as far as I’m aware.

Do you have any evidence that iOS is spying on you “all the time” … soon most of their services will be E2EE as far as I’m aware.

An investigation of tracking on IOS: https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/how-iphone-apps-track-you/

“Overall, our observations suggest that, while Apple’s changes make tracking individual users more difficult, they motivate a counter-movement, and reinforce existing market power of gatekeeper companies with access to large troves of first-party data,” the researchers wrote. “Making the privacy properties of apps transparent through large-scale analysis remains a difficult target for independent researchers, and a key obstacle to meaningful, accountable and verifiable privacy protections.”

An investigation of tracking on IOS: https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/how-iphone-apps-track-you/

“Overall, our observations suggest that, while Apple’s changes make tracking individual users more difficult, they motivate a counter-movement, and reinforce existing market power of gatekeeper companies with access to large troves of first-party data,” the researchers wrote. “Making the privacy properties of apps transparent through large-scale analysis remains a difficult target for independent researchers, and a key obstacle to meaningful, accountable and verifiable privacy protections.”

That’s interesting, I’ll give it a read.

Google, Apple, Meta ...... no matter what you do they'll always find a way to deliver the ads, at least. Be like my friend who uses Nokia 3310, but has an iPad Pro without updating anything. I was shocked to see the amount of crash logs :eek:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!