What's new

Blue Cave AiMesh add RT-AC68U fails every time.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I retested an now got a popup when disabling WPS

AND another when I clicked search (for Aimesh nodes) that WPS will be reenabled!

THANKS, maybe I closed my eyes first time, but really dont understand why it is now ok.

SOLVED!

...WebUI will popup a message as " WPS will be enabled when searching for an AiMesh Node". Have you seen these message?
Could someone else test it please if he sees this warning when first time start using Aimesh with disabled WPS.

@arthurlien
I'm pretty sure I did see this message. But WPS did not turn off after search. Is this only required for the node pairing search process or is it required to be enabled at all times?

Last edited:
It's only required to Add a new Node.
@arthurlien: thank you for clarification!

Other problem still occours just seen on RT-AC68U with latest 32768:
GUI stopped working, I use it in AP-mode and changed 2G from auto to legacy mode and same moment not responsive anymore while router running and correctly changed wifi in background.
Had to SSH 'service restart_httpd" and same second GUI updated with no issue.

I tried the procedure is as below,

1. Reset the RT-AC68U to default.
2. Follow the Quick Internet Setup procedure to configure to Router Mode.
3. Change the RT-AC68U from Router mode to AP mode by Administration -> Operation Mode and Press apply button
4. Change the 2G Band Wireless Mode from Auto to Legacy by Wireless -> General and press apply button.

After you Press "Apply" button, the WebUI will popup as windows as "Apply Setting progress with %".

My Test Result is normal. The Wireless Mode has been changed to Legacy. No need to execute 'service restart_httpd' by SSH.

Last edited:
I tried the procedure is as below,

1. Reset the RT-AC68U to default.
2. Follow the Quick Internet Setup procedure to configure to Router Mode.
3. Change the RT-AC68U from Router mode to AP mode by Administration -> Operation Mode and Press apply button
4. Change the 2G Band Wireless Mode from Auto to Legacy by Wireless -> General and press apply button.

After you Press "Apply" button, the WebUI will popup as windows as "Apply Setting progress with %".

My Test Result is normal. The Wireless Mode has been changed to Legacy. No need to execute 'service restart_httpd' by SSH.
I know, it is only sometimes, not all the time and seen on both routers 68U and 86U!
Done factory reset often, no change, sometimes it occurs when changeing simple wifi settings (channel bandwith and such things).
And many others have seen it on different routers too I think since 384 firmwares.

Then there is no %-window counting up 20-40-60-80-100 instead it is permanent 'loading' with no result ever. GUI stay not accessible from all devices and browsers till SSH command entered.
Dont know if only when currently connected with this band you are changeing or even if connected with 5G and changeing 2G.

I know, it is only sometimes, not all the time and seen on both routers 68U and 86U!
Done factory reset often, no change, sometimes it occurs when changeing simple wifi settings (channel bandwith and such things).
And many others have seen it on different routers too I think since 384 firmwares.

Then there is no %-window counting up 20-40-60-80-100 instead it is permanent 'loading' with no result ever. GUI stay not accessible from all devices and browsers till SSH command entered.
Dont know if only when currently connected with this band you are changeing or even if connected with 5G and changeing 2G.

Which Brower and Operation System you are testing? If I can't duplicate, I don't how to fix it. Could you tell me that what did you do with step by step?

Which Brower and Operation System you are testing? If I can't duplicate, I don't how to fix it. Could you tell me that what did you do with step by step?
I cannot reproduce step by step as it happens only sometimes.

If you often change channel, bandwith, wifi-mode you will see it one day. My router is in AP mode, no special things installed, all original done from asuswrt GUI on Win10x64 with Firefox_x64.
Just tested again and there has been NO %-window counting up, but it was done correctly after 10 seconds.
Then it will often hang, but this time it continued and page has been refreshed.
Next 10 times testing the window pops up like it should.

I cannot reproduce step by step as it happens only sometimes.

If you often change channel, bandwith, wifi-mode you will see it one day. My router is in AP mode, no special things installed, all original done from asuswrt GUI on Win10x64 with Firefox_x64.
Just tested again and there has been NO %-window counting up, but it was done correctly after 10 seconds.
Then it will often hang, but this time it continued and page has been refreshed.
Next 10 times testing the window pops up like it should.

Ok, we will try to duplicate it.

maybe important to say I am always connected via Wifi with my PC on GUI (2G or 5G)!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!