What's new

Bridging or WDS for my topology

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BuddyRich

New Around Here
I just bought a wndr3700 and want to introduce it to my network for its wired routing for now but it will eventually be my only router.

internet -- wrt54gl (()) wndr3700 --- pc, htpc, xbox

-- wired
(()) wireless

problem is my current router is in my garage with dsl directly at dmarc so i cant run wires to it.

i am thinking it would be best to use 3700 as a client bride but i dont think that is something the 3700 can do stock. however i do want the 3700 to handle the routing duties for its wired cloents but still allow them to see the inet.

I don't quite understand your setup. But if you have a separate modem, I'd use a pair of HomePlug AV adapters to get the modem output to wherever in the house you want the router to be.

The house's internal phone wiring is messed up somewhere so i can only connect the dsl modem at the demarc jack which is why its in the garage. ive got about 10 jacks daisy chained with older 4 pair wiring and going around checking each one is not high on my priority list, especially as it would be temporary as i am going cable inet when its available in my area (within the next month) and its a rental and getting the landlord to fix it when the phones work fine would be a hassle. i bought the 3700 in preparation for cable as it will be in the HT room and i can retire the linksys. right now everything is wireless via the wrt54g. Thought i could better performance on the intranet transfering media using the gigabit switch and bridge them together while i wait for cable.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!