What's new

Brute Force Port Forward

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

waeking

Regular Contributor
This is originally taken from Merlin's Wiki. I have adapted the script so that I can make multiple ports forward with one script. However I need a fresh pair of eyes, it isn't working properly. I can't access the forwarded port. It tries for a while and eventually fails. Any insight? My scripting ability is a work in progress.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
##EXAMPLE
#bfs_portforward eth0 QBELT 3443 192.168.1.241 60 5

IFACE=$1
NAME=$2
PORT=$3
SERVER=$4
SECONDS=$5
HITCOUNT=$6

logger "firewall" "Applying $NAME Brute Force rules"
# create a new chain $NAMEVSBFP
iptables --new "$NAME"VSBFP --table nat
# add rule: add the source IP to the $NAMEVS match list table using the 'recent' match extension
iptables --append "$NAME"VSBFP --table nat --match recent --set --name "$NAME"VS --rsource
# add rule: deny if address has been seen in the $NAMEVS match list more than $HITCOUNT times in the last $SECONDS seconds
iptables --append "$NAME"VSBFP --table nat --match recent --update --name "$NAME"VS --seconds $SECONDS --hitcount $HITCOUNT --rsource --jump RETURN
# add rule: forward packets on port $PORT to $SERVER using the DNAT target extension
iptables --append "$NAME"VSBFP --table nat --proto tcp --dport $PORT --match state --state NEW --jump DNAT --to-destination $SERVER
# add the chain created above to the VSERVER chain and apply to interface $IFACE (public interface)
iptables --insert VSERVER --table nat --in-interface $IFACE --proto tcp --dport $PORT --match state --state NEW --jump "$NAME"VSBFP

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!