What's new

Buffalo Nfiniti WIRELESS-N - D-Link DIR-655

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tizak

New Around Here
We are looking to replace your Linksys WRT54G router as we have to continually reset it on a daily basis. We can have 40 computers accessing the internet or internal LAN throughout our organization through multiple access points, but on average 20 computers would be the normal load. Most traffic is over the internet and we are connected through satellite. We have moved from hubs to a switched environment and I am confident that the weak link is with the present router, I suspect we are overloading the routing capabilities of our WRT54G, although other issues have cropped up with our present router, for some reason, the stability of the wireless service directly from the router has degraded significantly over time, and files served from various access points is more reliable, as mentioned, at this point we are resetting the router a couple of times a day. Through scouring reviews these are the models I am presently considering,

Buffalo Nfiniti WIRELESS-N High Power Router

D-Link DIR-655 Xtreme Wireless Router

It does not have to be a Draft N router, but must be capable of serving up to 40 computers with stability the key consideration, probably with gigabit LAN ports. Our price point is up to $200, I would be very interested in suggestions, especially specs around routing performance and capacity over and above the present router and indicated choices.
Thanks.

There are plenty of routers capable of handling your traffic. Use the Router Charts and look at routers that handle 200 simultaneous connections.

Sounds like you don't need wireless on the router. So don't bother with N and disable the wireless section of whichever router you buy.