What's new

Build 3.0.0.4.220.17 are out!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've a low power Windows pc working as a NAS connected to my RT-N66U, I had a while back Serviio installed and working without problems, I don't remember if this was before changing routers or not.

I've just reinstalled Serviio but can't seem to work properly, it either gets detected but can't see and media or it's not detected at all. I've tried various versions and a few other thing but without luck.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I've had the same issue but it seems to be a Serviio problem rather than a problem with the router - this happens with both the stock firmware and Merlin's firmware.

My WHS 2011 DLNA server works fine and I've tried loading other media servers like TVersity and Twonky and they also work fine.

The only solution I've found is to roll Serviio back to v0.62, haven't tried v1.0 but for whatever reason v1.01 and the RT-N66U don't play nice :confused:

Regards,
Bryan

Some DLNA servers can have problems when used on a multihomed computer. Make sure Serviio binds to the correct network interface.

Merlin, thanks a lot!

Just wanted to mention, no big deal though. On previous asus fw 178(?) under basic VPN config page it would have:
Add a new PPTP VPN connection and the VPN server address is xxxxx

xxxxx being the IP address. Now if you're on dynamic IP and configured DDNS, it showed your DDNS host name. when asus released 220 that appeared to be broken. just fyi, i can live without it))

Merlin, thanks a lot!

Just wanted to mention, no big deal though. On previous asus fw 178(?) under basic VPN config page it would have:

xxxxx being the IP address. Now if you're on dynamic IP and configured DDNS, it showed your DDNS host name. when asus released 220 that appeared to be broken. just fyi, i can live without it))

Odd, considering they even added it to the main page with 220, where it will properly display the DDNS host.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!