What's new

Bundles

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stevech

Part of the Furniture
My TV (basic + one or so tiers up), no sports/movie channels, phone and Internet is about $160/month. Not too happy about that.

Someday we'll get a la carte channel selections. Maybe not if that would lead to lower prices.

My TV (basic + one or so tiers up), no sports/movie channels, phone and Internet is about $160/month. Not too happy about that.

Someday we'll get a la carte channel selections. Maybe not if that would lead to lower prices.

Wow your paying: $1,920 per year ouch!

Use the cell phone for your phone and ditch the cable company from managing your phone service. Have you check out HDTV over the Air though HDTV ANT. I get 69 channels more to come. Local channels now have what you get on Cable. So they might have 30.1 have METV and 32.1 COTV, there are now movies shown 24/7.

With Netflix you can really say goodbye to CATV, doesn't make so much sense to keep paying for CATV today. Service is not that great and what you get you might not be watching it so much. SPORTS I don't watch and COX makes you pay for SPORT packages you don't need. Comcast has sort of Netflix that cost $4.95 extra they give it to you but still charge you. I had put a stop to that.

I met this one guy who told me he needed CATV for one show he watches. I said what channel is that on. He said ABC. But you don't need to pay $1,200 a year for CATV just to watch ABC. So he has what I have now. I just increase my HDTV ANT range from 40 miles to 80 miles. Added a second mini HDTV ANT. So there are 2 of the same out there. One for the North/South of FL.

Wow your paying: $1,920 per year ouch!

Use the cell phone for your phone and ditch the cable company from managing your phone service. Have you check out HDTV over the Air though HDTV ANT. I get 69 channels more to come. Local channels now have what you get on Cable. So they might have 30.1 have METV and 32.1 COTV, there are now movies shown 24/7.

With Netflix you can really say goodbye to CATV, doesn't make so much sense to keep paying for CATV today. Service is not that great and what you get you might not be watching it so much. SPORTS I don't watch and COX makes you pay for SPORT packages you don't need. Comcast has sort of Netflix that cost $4.95 extra they give it to you but still charge you. I had put a stop to that.

I met this one guy who told me he needed CATV for one show he watches. I said what channel is that on. He said ABC. But you don't need to pay $1,200 a year for CATV just to watch ABC. So he has what I have now. I just increase my HDTV ANT range from 40 miles to 80 miles. Added a second mini HDTV ANT. So there are 2 of the same out there. One for the North/South of FL.

Cell phone.. I get only 300 minutes/mo for $35 (corporate discount for family phone). On the Digital phone, we use 1500 minutes a month. So cellular is too expensive. And quality isn't good enough for the WAF. I tried VoIP with ATA - 3 companies - way too poor.

Off-air HD .. worthless as we watch mostly Discovery, Food, Travel, etc. I don't think these are carried by local broadcasters (as subchannels).

I have netflix - another $10/mo - but the shows and movies we want aren't there. We watch some old PBS and NatGeo on Netflix (ethernet connection in TV).

So I, like many, bend over for the cable company monopoly.

Cell phone.. I get only 300 minutes/mo for $35 (corporate discount for family phone). On the Digital phone, we use 1500 minutes a month. So cellular is too expensive. And quality isn't good enough for the WAF. I tried VoIP with ATA - 3 companies - way too poor.

Off-air HD .. worthless as we watch mostly Discovery, Food, Travel, etc. I don't think these are carried by local broadcasters (as subchannels).

I have netflix - another $10/mo - but the shows and movies we want aren't there. We watch some old PBS and NatGeo on Netflix (ethernet connection in TV).

So I, like many, bend over for the cable company monopoly.

There is a Food Channel over the air on Create Channel also on LWM channel. Too me much better than the Food Channel, but you know you can find everything on Food Channel on their site.Discovery might be something you might want to drop off. PBS stations Nova can replace Discovery Channel. But Travel and the rest again show up on PBS now and then.

Everyone going to be different, but no more CATV for me.. Maybe one day you'll come around to the DTV side. Cell phone we have Corp also but the bill is $150 a month it was $190 just getting them to drop of features and to tell me what this and that charge is for is crazy. Data plan is one of he worst features with Smartphone. Data should be free and included.

There is a Food Channel over the air on Create Channel also on LWM channel. Too me much better than the Food Channel, but you know you can find everything on Food Channel on their site.Discovery might be something you might want to drop off. PBS stations Nova can replace Discovery Channel. But Travel and the rest again show up on PBS now and then.
my wife is the big TV watcher. PBS has one cooking show and she watches that. Others are on "cooking channel", rather than Food TV. Discovery and all its channels, and Nat Geo/Wild are the staples here. Nova is not a replacement. All this is why we can't go off-air DTV, and have to pay TimeWarner $150/mo for TV/Phone/Internet.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!