What's new

Cake settings for UK VDSL2 ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jammy456

Occasional Visitor
Can't get my head around what settings I should input for Cake. I am on FTTC 80/20 with Zen internet, the DSL cable from the wall goes into the Zen fritzbox which is in 'Bridge mode' then ethernet from Fritzbox to Asus WAN and the Asus router makes the connection to Zen's servers. Can someone let me know which preset i should use or what value for each box? I am thinking it is either VDSL2 PPPoE or VDSL2 Bridged?

2023-01-26 20_43_14-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX88U - EZQoS Bandwidth Management - Brave.png

Can't get my head around what settings I should input for Cake. I am on FTTC 80/20 with Zen internet, the DSL cable from the wall goes into the Zen fritzbox which is in 'Bridge mode' then ethernet from Fritzbox to Asus WAN and the Asus router makes the connection to Zen's servers. Can someone let me know which preset i should use or what value for each box? I am thinking it is either VDSL2 PPPoE or VDSL2 Bridged?

View attachment 47502
What’s you wan connection type?
presumably pppoe with an openreach line