What's new

CakeQOS CakeQoS-Merlin v2.0.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

just logon wanting to said cake 2.1 beta? working. I was curious why I didn't get the cake qos tab in the GUI. Running the script 2.1 exposed (show) it. Big thanks.

Same here, 2.1 is running stable for me since it was released.

May I ask about cake QoS before I go get a ac86u,

Can it be specified on individual interfaces like in openwrt luci ?

I find it effective to specify different limits on 2g wifi and 5g wifi instead of specifying on just WAN

This isnt in the merlin firmware by default ?
Depends what "this" means?

Cake QoS is in by default.
This thread is for an addon that provides a GUI for tweaking the Cake parameters in case you need to adjust it to suit your own particular edge case.
The per-interface feature that b0cy is not a feature.

FYI, Cake is only available on HND routers (AC86 or any AX model). Oops, I posted the wrong screen, here's the add-on:
1635005614326.png

1635005666963.png

1635005696326.png

Attachments

• 1635005472305.png
    1635005472305.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 160
I know Merlin has Cake built into his firmware now, my question is how would you go about running Cake 2.1 beta? Would that require having a USB drive attached to the router?

Another question I have, is it possible to use the Trend Micro system with Cake in place? I have seen before when Trend Micro tries to upgrade its signature, it would break Cake. I think I seen someone mention a way to run a command, or such, to restart Cake when this happens. If that's possible, how would I go about doing that? I'm thinking about playing around with Cake a bit again, but I had these two questions, before I consider messing with it.

I know Merlin has Cake built into his firmware now, my question is how would you go about running Cake 2.1 beta? Would that require having a USB drive attached to the router?

Another question I have, is it possible to use the Trend Micro system with Cake in place? I have seen before when Trend Micro tries to upgrade its signature, it would break Cake. I think I seen someone mention a way to run a command, or such, to restart Cake when this happens. If that's possible, how would I go about doing that? I'm thinking about playing around with Cake a bit again, but I had these two questions, before I consider messing with it.

Cake and Trend Micro components are compatible. The tiny Cake script dose not require a USB stick

my question is how would you go about running Cake 2.1 beta?
Run the install command for the develop branch:
Code:
mkdir -p /jffs/addons/cake-qos && /usr/sbin/curl -s "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ttgapers/cakeqos-merlin/develop/cake-qos.sh" -o "/jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos" && chmod 755 /jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos && sh /jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos install
Would that require having a USB drive attached to the router?
No way, eh!
Another question I have, is it possible to use the Trend Micro system with Cake in place? I have seen before when Trend Micro tries to upgrade its signature, it would break Cake. I think I seen someone mention a way to run a command, or such, to restart Cake when this happens. If that's possible, how would I go about doing that?
I don’t know that the wrs or sig_check issues impact the built-in Cake setup. I haven’t encountered it myself. You would need to restart QoS and firewall both if you see a problem.
Code:
service "restart_qos;restart_firewall"

@dave14305 I was actually gonna DM you on here, but didn't see an option. As I felt you likely had all the answers to my post. Thank you!

Last thing I want to ask, and this is a question for everyone currently using Cake still, and hopefully a couple of you game online a bit. Any default settings worth playing with? I haven't touched Cake in a while, I know there was a point, a few of us were playing with all the settings. Just curious if everyone settled on just running the default settings? or if there's a couple settings worth changing a bit?

Anyways I will likely run/install Cake a bit later tonight, once everyone is headed to bed, and play with Cake tomorrow.

Last thing I want to ask, and this is a question for everyone currently using Cake still, and hopefully a couple of you game online a bit. Any default settings worth playing with? I haven't touched Cake in a while, I know there was a point, a few of us were playing with all the settings. Just curious if everyone settled on just running the default settings? or if there's a couple settings worth changing a bit?
The 2.2 beta lets you classify inbound traffic based on domain names so you might now prefer to use diffserv4 on ingress instead of besteffort.

This thread has more details:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!