What's new

Can't access through ddns

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Miguel Nunes

New Around Here
I used to be able to access my house peripherals using the domain I registered as DDNS, from home. Now I had to factory reset my RC-AC66U and I can't do that anymore, only through the WAN or Local IP. The DDNS domain works fine if I access it from the outside.

What setting do I need to change for that to work?

Make sure your DDNS is up to date. Check with nslookup what IP it points at.

Make sure your DDNS is up to date. Check with nslookup what IP it points at.
It is. I'm using this to update the ddns ip instead of the router because I have to DMZ from my ISP's router to the ASUS but the WAN IP it receives is the local IP from the other router.

If you have a double NAT setup then you will need to sort that out first. Your connection attempts are most likely blocked by your ISP router.

@RMerlin

I am experiencing a similar issue. I updated to 380.69_2 on my N66U and N66R and now i can access https://my.domain.com from outside my network but inside i get a timeout. On the N66R i had forgot the password so i reset the router and updated the firmware and switch it to AP mode. N66U is the main router and after update, i got this problem and my DDNS setup with zoneedit keeps saying fail to register. It worked after a few tries (waiting a long time in between) and zoneedit had the new IP (since i can access from outside) and from my home PC i get a ping response from my.domain.com and domain.com showing the right IP.

I switched the NAT loopback from Merlin to disable but it still didnt work. I also Disable the firewall to see but still nadda.

I am experiencing a similar issue.

It's actually completely the opposite. In your particular case, you are having trouble with the NAT loopback. Do not disable it (because then it will definitely not work), but switch it to Asus mode instead.

Also do not disable the firewall.

It's actually completely the opposite. In your particular case, you are having trouble with the NAT loopback. Do not disable it (because then it will definitely not work), but switch it to Asus mode instead.

Also do not disable the firewall.

Indeed it was that :)
What is the difference between the 2?

Indeed it was that :)
What is the difference between the 2?

Asus's method will NAT any traffic coming from LAN to LAN. Mine will put a special marker early in the firewall chain, and will NAT it as it exits the chain (general summary). In the past, that method worked better for some network setups, however these past few years it has started to conflict with other features (such as Trend Micro's engine). I recently removed it, leaving only Asus's original loopback implementation now.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!