What's new

Can't print through WET610N connected to my laptop's Ethernet port

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

satwar

Occasional Visitor
I was having poor reception with the built-in wireless radio on my desktop replacement laptop, so I decided to try connecting to my LAN with an external WET610N. Everything seems to work well except I get "PCL XL" errors on my network HP 3600 printer.

I swapped in an old Linksys DWL-G820 gaming bridge and the printer works fine. Sure looks like there's something wrong with the WET610N. Is there an "Advanced Setting" I have to adjust or what ?

I have several laptops and they are both behaving the same when using a WET610N. I am using the latest WET610N firmware 1.00.01. I am using a WRT610N router and a WET610N on the printer.

Thanks Tom,

but ..... don't you think that simply switching from a WET610N bridge to a DWL-G820 bridge or the the built-in wifi card eliminates the problem would indicate the WET610N is at fault ?

Linksys second level support is supposed to be contacting me, I'll let you know what they say.

Well I think I convinced Linksys there's a problem with their WET610N. They still tried to blame it on the HP printer driver, until I reminded them that the D-Link gaming bridge (DWL-G820) handles HP printer jobs perfectly.

As a further aggravation, I'm now finding that some of my WET610N's go to sleep after a few days of Ethernet client inactivity and have to be power cycled to get back to normal operation. What a pain.

Definitely bleeding edge technology, these WET610Ns. They work well in many ways but they have issues.

As a further aggravation, I'm now finding that some of my WET610N's go to sleep after a few days of Ethernet client inactivity and have to be power cycled to get back to normal operation. What a pain.

Definitely bleeding edge technology, these WET610Ns. They work well in many ways but they have issues.

Looks like the latest firmware 1.00.03 solved the sleeping issue. :)

Yeah.. I'm running into the same issue. Can't print from a PC hooked up to the WET610N over my network to a hardwired HP Color Laserjet 2605dn.

I thought it was the laserjet at first. Also.. I was getting intermittent errors printing out from the laser. It ends up that there were items stuck in the print queue from the PC that was hooked to the WET610N that were causing error messages to be printed on the HP printer every few minutes.

I've got the WET610N connected to a Trendnet TEW-633GR 2.4ghz N router.

The interesting thing is the WET610N is more than double the throughput of any other Bridge with my Trendnet Router. I have an SMC bridge and a Trendnet bridge.

So I either have slower speed with printing. Or fast speed with no printing...argh!!