What's new

Centurylink 1Gbps WAN Speed 1/2 what it should be

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zero65

New Around Here
I have a rt-ac1900p running merlin 380.68.4 and my download speeds never exceed 500Mbps where as my upload speeds usually get to around 900Mbps .
In the switch control I can see the following

NAT Acceleration CTF (Cut Through Forwarding) is enabled.

So I have CTF enabled...I have qos off, AI off, what else am I missing here to get my max DL speed...One additional piece of info I have IPTV set for Manual and the VID set to 201 so I don't use CL modem and connect directly to the OTN.

Thank you in advanced for any help or advice,

Are you using a PPPoE type connection to your ISP? If so that may be your issue. I think the 384 branch that Merlin is working on has included the fix that Asus provided in their 3.0.0.4.384.20308 firmware.

Does centurylink still require you to use vlan201 for your wan connection? If so does that turn off the hardware accelerated CTF?

So what I did was put a managed switch between my ont with vlan id 201 and the my wan port rt-ac1900p and turned off IPTV ...adn I have my download/upload speed....940 up and down consistently...Thank you all

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!