What's new

Lower bandwidth when using GT-AXE16000 with CenturyLink Fiber

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SmartSelection

New Around Here
Hello! I have CenturyLink gigabit fiber. When using the provided modem/router unit (C4000XG), I get the proper bandwidth (symmetrical 940mb/s). However, when I remove the C4000XG and use my Asus GT-AXE16000 as the modem/router, I do not get the full bandwidth (wired and wireless).

Asus GT-AXE16000 configuration: I've configured the WAN connection type and entered my CenturyLink credentials. I've also set up the LAN - IPTV to use a pre-configured CenturyLink profile.

Result: Download speed test: 940mb/s. However, upload is <50mb/s.

Asus QoS is turned off by default. When I turn on "Traditional QoS" and set a very high bandwidth limit (20000 mb/s download and upload), the speedtest result is then around 500mb/s for both download AND upload (wired and wireless). (still not the 940mb/s I'm aiming for)

It seems like there's a configuration issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Thee are plenty of posts about Centurylink PPPoE on the web. One thing I noticed this morning is someone having to set a VLAN Tag of 201 as well as the user log in. This info might help?

Am glad to say that Centurylink, now Brightspeed, in my area does not use PPPoE. Just connect the router to the ONT and we are off and running.

Thanks for the reply. I did also try manually setting the VLAN tag to 201, but I still have the same issue. To be clear, I do have internet access, but the upload bandwidth is low.

For now, I ended up plugging the Asus router into the CenturyLink router since that's the only way to get the full bandwidth.

turn off hardware acceleration and test.
If it doesn’t resolve the issue, turn it back on, use the old modem and connect your asus router to it as ap

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!