What's new

CES 2019: D-Link Adds Mesh To Exo Router Family

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
dlink_exo_ac3000.png
D-Link has refreshed its Exo wireless router family and added mesh capability to the five routers and two extenders announced today.

All the new Exo routers have Gigabit Ethernet ports (1 WAN, 4 LAN), USB 3.0 port for storage sharing and support some management capabilities through Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.

The two mesh extenders each have one Gigabit Ethernet port that allows them to work as Ethernet bridges for wired devices.

dlink_exo_family.png

The new router family will all include a security suite powered by McAfee that includes parental controls with content filtering. The McAfee suite includes five years of free protection for all connected devices and two years of free McAfee app-based antivirus protection for Windows, MacOs, Android and iOS devices.

All Exo routers and points are expected to be available in Q2 of 2019. MSRPs are:
AC3000 Mesh-Enabled Smart Wi-Fi Router, $199.99
AC2600 Mesh-Enabled Smart Wi-Fi Router, $179.99
AC1900 Mesh-Enabled Smart Wi-Fi Router, $159.99
AC1750 Mesh-Enabled Smart Wi-Fi Router, $119.99
AC1300 Mesh-Enabled Smart Wi-Fi Router, $79.99
AC2000 Mesh-Enabled Wi-Fi Extender, $99.99
AC1300 Mesh-Enabled Wi-Fi Extender, $79.99

The AC1900 (DIR-1960) and AC1750 (DIR-1760) use the exact same board design, using MediaTek hardware, as the DIR-882/DIR-878. The new AC2600 will likely be based on the exact same platform it just won't be subject to artificial limitations.

The new AC1300 (DIR-1360) is a clone of the D-Link DIR-853 rev A1 with a single MT7615DN serving as both 2x2:2 radios.

DIR-882_A1.jpg
DIR-1960_A1.jpg

D-Link Adds Mesh

DarLeks.png

First thing that cames to mind when I saw the graphic...

"We are the DarLeks, your network must be exterminated"

;)

Anyways - best of luck to our friends at D-Link - looks like a comprehensive lineup, and hopefully the security issues that have dogged D-Link have been resolved.

I liked that D-Link added the extenders in the Mesh. This is something ASUS should be doing as well.

First thing that cames to mind when I saw the graphic...

"We are the DarLeks, your network must be exterminated"

;)

Anyways - best of luck to our friends at D-Link - looks like a comprehensive lineup, and hopefully the security issues that have dogged D-Link have been resolved.
I was reminded of replicators from Stargate Atlantis :). I recall that they appeared in the first Stargate series too.

I have a "friend" looking at the DIR-3060. Has anyone heard anything besides the normal google searches and some sponsored reviews?
The DIR-882 got really high reviews on snb so just curious if this one continues that trend.

If you ask me all AX Routers thats is sold in 2020 should have at least 2,5G on all LAN & WAN ports as standard!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!