What's new

CES 2020: NETGEAR Announces New 4-Stream Wi-Fi Mesh Extender

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
netgear-eax20.jpg
The NETGEAR AX1800 4-Stream WiFi Mesh Extender (EAX20) is a Wi-Fi 6 device powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor.

The new extender has dual-stream 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi 6 radios that support maximum wireless link rates of 600 Mbps @2.4 GHz and 1.2 Gbps @ 5 GHz. When added to an existing mesh network, the AX1800 helps increase the network’s wireless range and supports mesh-related features like seamless roaming.

Using the NETGEAR Nighthawk app, customers can set up the NETGEARAX1800 extender and then continue to use the app to monitor and manage their home network.

Aside from its wireless capabilities, the AX1800 4-Stream WiFi Mesh Extender includes four GbE ports for additional physical connections.

Available in February, the NETGEAR AX1800 4-Stream WiFi Mesh Extender (EAX20) will have an MSRP of $149.99.

Last edited:
I just wanted to offer a couple of opinions on the EAX20. I had original refreshed my WiFi at home with a Netgear EAX50 and tried using the EAX20 extender to try and push more devices to the 5 GHz band. Ultimately, the answer to that goal was just to buy an Asus RT-AX86U. Seriously. But, I found a really great use for the EAX20. If you have not tried it, the Wifi-6 (ax) standard have really great performance in the 5 GHz band with all the new wireless technology. I installed the EAX20 in my basement, with the router on the second floor front of the house. I am able to get a 1201 Mbps link speed, any typically get about 230 MBps at the EAX20. Because the EAX20 has four Ethernet ports, I just disabled the WiFi and hooked up my Samsung TV, Apple TV and PS4 by Ethernet to the EAX20. Huge improvement.